Cowboys WR Dez Bryant Would Opt For Surgery Now If Not For The Playoffs

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

If the Dallas Cowboys had not recently climbed into the thick of the NFC playoff race, he would shut this season down for himself individually.

But in the midst of a breakout season and with his high value to the offense, Bryant is planning to play Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers with a broken left index finger that is expected to require surgery.

“The position that we are in, that makes me want to be out there," Bryant said, according to ESPN Dallas. "If there was anything less than what we got a chance of, I would have went ahead and got surgery."

The Cowboys have listed Bryant as questionable for the game and the report indicates he could have flexibility issues with the finger for the remainder of his life, he’s also dealing with a high level of pain.

Bryant is clearly the top target for Tony Romo this season with 1,028 receiving yards and nine touchdowns.

"It is a mental thing," Bryant said. "I felt like if I go out there and am worrying about my finger, about catching the football, there is no need for me to be out there. I went out today in practice as if there wasn't anything wrong with my finger. I feel like that's my mindset about it."

Source: National Football Post