Cruz expects to be healthy for Giants’ offseason program

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Omen, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Giants’ WR Victor Cruz will miss the season the season finale, as expected, after undergoing an “arthroscopic debridement” on his knee two weeks ago. He is still very much a part of the team, talking to the media yesterday at QSTC…

On his offseason plans and if he’ll be ready for the Giants’ offseason program:

“I expect to be fully healthy and getting after it during OTA’s. The expected rehab time should be about a month and a half to two months. We’ll see how it goes. I want to take it extremely slow and make sure I come back at 100 percent, not out there wary and kind of timid. I want to be confident when I’m back out there so I can continue to be the same player I’ve been for these past couple of years.”

On finishing the season two yards short of 1,000 receiving yards:

“I wish I could go back and get them, but it’s okay. Things happen like that. When I was on the flight going to get my surgery, a fan came up to me and said, don’t worry about those two yards, you still got a thousand in my book. That sealed the deal for me. I knew I didn’t need them. Obviously as a competitor you want to go out there and get those two, but I just couldn’t this year, unfortunately, but it’s cool.”

On the possibility of Hakeem Nicks not being here in 2013:

“It’s tough to think about because Hakeem is such a fixture here for me for so many years and it’s tough to think about, but obviously I understand the business side of it. I just went through it myself a year ago. I understand exactly what he’s going through. Hopefully we can see him back.”

Cruz wants to build upon his already strong rapport with QB Eli Manning:

“I think this year I’ll make it a point to get with Eli a little bit more and get with our quarterbacks a little bit more and get the receiving corps together as much as we can, to kind of build that more. I think that’s one thing we lacked, is kind of that continuity from a receiver standpoint with our quarterback and I want to build that earlier this year, whether we’ve got to set some time a part and get the receivers down with Eli whenever he’s ready and kind of just schedule it right so we can just build, not only on the field, but off the field. We want to get to know each other a little bit more. I feel like there was a little bit of a disconnect there that we want to get back into this football team.”

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: Continue reading...