David Loiseau To Return To UFC At UFC 97

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by CP26, Jan 5, 2009.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Former UFC middleweight contender David Loiseau will return to the Octagon on April 18 when he faces The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 3 finalist Ed Herman at UFC 97 from The Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada according to Cageplay.com. Short Fuse is hoping to not only spoil Loiseaus homecoming, but to also snap a two-fight losing streak inside the cage. Herman came up on the losing end of a split-decision loss to Alan Belcher back in September and was choked out by Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu phenom Demian Maia at last years UFC 83.

Source: MMA Mania

2. Vyse314

Vyse314 Slayer of beasts!

that makes sense. loiseau hasn't beaten anyone since he beat tanner in 2005. when i hear he was coming back i figured they'd throw kendall grove at him. ed herman might be an easier fight for him

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I wouldn't say that Herman is an easier fight for him than Grove Vyse.

4. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Herman doesn't possess the striking ability of Grove. If the Crow keeps it standing, then he's got a very good shot. I've not seen him fight since 06 in Strikeforce or EliteXC (can't remember which). I heard his 5th rounf TKO for a small organizations belt was a solid performance that he had to gut out a victory for. So we'll see how he looks. I like his talent though.