Dawkins is still out why

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by eaglesrule4ever, Oct 11, 2007.

1. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

Everyone knows why dawkins is out but sheldon brown had a neck stinger just like dawkins did and he went back out on the field 2 plays later and dawkins is going on his 4rth week being out.im starting to think that dawkins might have something more serious than a neck stinger what do you all think

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Whenever a team is vague about the extent of an injury you can bet it's more serious than advertised. Rudi Johnson, Lawrence Maroney, and Anquon Boldin come to mind at the moment in addition to Dawkins.

3. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

a neck stinger is a nerve being pinched if im not mistaken...it can either go away as quick as it came..or last months...

4. pacoltsguy

pacoltsguy Guest

I'm with you on this one. When I heard the news that he won't be playing again this week, my radar went up.

Something else is going on that no one is talking about.

5. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Sheldon Brown - 28 years old
    Brian Dawkins - 33 years old

5 years makes a huge difference in how long it takes to overcome an injury. It sounds like Dawkins' body is breaking down already.

But I agree that it is probably a tad worse than the team is letting on.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

There's no set time table on a stinger. They can last days or months.

7. tigersucs

tigersucs nfl-fans refugee

Hopefully Dawkins can get back on the field soon. Another in the long line of injuries that have affected everyone throughout the league.