Defense Getting Sacks From Many Sources

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Nov 3, 2008.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

read more ...

Defense getting sacks from many sources (phillyBurbs.com) | Philadelphia Eagles

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Ummmm.... I don't think anyone was in a near panic when we let go of Jerome McDougle. But yes, we are getting it done on the d-line.

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Near panic is hyperbole but I was.... and am still upset we let him go, he was poised to FINALLY contribute up to his potential this year and he definitely played well enough preseason to earn a spot.... a win this Sunday might help me get over it though :eek:ther-twothumbsup:

4. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

As much as i want us to win it seems near impossible

5. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

How do you figure? Browns beat em, Bengals took em to overtime. If we can stop the run which we have been able to do when we make it a priority this season and if Donovan can get in the swing of things and stay in the swing of things (and up right) then this game is definitely winnable

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's going to be tough, i think we can win it but if the eagles more recent primetime record is an indication of anything we're in trouble.

7. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

the one thing this team CAN'T is get off to a slow start the way they did against the Seahawks. They would be down 14-0 in the blink of an eye.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That's the key. We keep their run game in check, it's over.

You gotta know when to cut your losses. It was this bust's time, finally.

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I think when he's finally playing up to expectations is a dumb time to cut your losses. Would MUCH rather have him on the roster now then Sean Constasuck. Yes I know he's made ZERO impact in NY but who knows how many variables would be different if he'd stayed here in Philly where he had FINALLY started playing like a 1st round pick

:nospam::nohijacking::hecko:

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

regardless of being way below the cap there's no way the eagles were going to keep mcdougal after paying clemmons the money they did.

WARNING: STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And hey, Clemons DID get a sack!

:buttrock:

12. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I HATE CLEMONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

i think al davis sent clemmons here to screw the eagles. :dunno:

14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

That's not very fair, we sent him Burgess.

I'm still pissed off about THAT one...

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

where is burgess now though ?