Deion Sanders says Arizona Cardinals’ Patrick Peterson Is Best Comparison

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by markaz, Feb 1, 2014.

1. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Richard Sherman is not his protege. He’s not the Prime Time sequel. He’s not even the most athletic cornerback in the NFC West.

Those honors belong to the Cardinals’ Patrick Peterson.

Sanders and Peterson have a special relationship. Peterson wears No. 21 in honor of the cornerback pioneer. Sanders selected Peterson as his first defensive player in the Pro Bowl draft. After responding with an interception in Honolulu, Peterson paid tribute by performing Sanders’ signature dance.

But that’s the Pro Bowl. Sherman is playing on a much bigger stage, a cornerback who has captivated America’s attention entering Super Bowl XLVIII with his mouth and his skill. That has drawn natural comparisons to Sanders, perceived to be the man who revolutionized the trash-talking cornerback.

“No, that’s not true,” Sanders said. “You never heard me say anything about my opponent. You saw me once get into an altercation with one of my dearest friends who I played with, Andre Rison. But other than that, no. So don’t put me there.

“You’ve never heard me talking on the field in my life. Have you ever seen me miked up on the NFL? That’s because I never talked, so there was no reason to mike me. That was very profound what I just said.”

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/car...hawks-richard-sherman-is-best-comparison.html

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  2. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Patrick will tackle like a football player. Not ready for Prime Time ran them out of bounds. Don't care what he says, he can get angry if he want.

markaz likes this.
  3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Rod Woodson is better than them all.

Deion gets that wrap b/c he went to FSU and was all about the "flash"/"spotlight."

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Time will tell. Too bad they aren't playing by the same rules these days.

Buck Fenson and 86WARD like this.
  5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

wrong. I watched him play for most of his career. We saw him twice a year when he was at the Failclowns. 98% of the times he ran the ball carrier out of bounds.