DeMarco Murray Says He Wants To Stay With Cowboys

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by ICECOLD, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

There are few running backs who could have done what DeMarco Murray did last season in Dallas, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seems to understand that now.

That does not mean there won't be a very intricate dance when it comes to Murray's next contract, though, especially when age, mileage and cost are all factored in.

In the meantime, Murray seems prepared to keep his hopes and intentions quiet.

"Obviously I think they want me here," Murray said Tuesday, via ESPN Dallas. "I want to be here. It's just finding the ... just what helps them, what helps me. Things like that. I think both sides want to be here, so I think we'll see where it goes."

On one hand, Murray doesn't sound like he's ruled out Dallas, even after balking at the framework of an initial deal.

It still makes sense for him to test free agency, given the lack of quality running backs on the market. But it could also make sense to see him in Dallas for another year so long as cooler heads prevail.

"At the end of the day, it's all about respect, and I think different people show their appreciation in different ways," Murray said. "I don't need a pat on the back. I don't need someone telling me how good I am on a constant basis and whatnot like that. I understand my value, so to speak, and I understand what I bring to the table."

After 436 touches in 2014, we can all understand the initial lowball offer. But if Murray can somehow pull off a repeat season, his value is much, much higher.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rco-murray-says-he-wants-to-stay-with-cowboys

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

My God...he's going to get a huge deal and pull a Chris Johnson / Marion Barber / (insert any RB who has got a huge extension and bombed afterwards) on us, isn't he?

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Will,the Cowboys give he and Dez those big deals?

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I heard the Cowboys are leaning towards franchise tagging Dez, and work on an extension for Murray.

5. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I think it'll be the opposite. Give Dez the $$$ a frnachise Murray. If not mistaken it would be cheaper to tag Murray then Dez

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I'd want to stay in Dallas too if I had an offensive line like that.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

This is what I thought the plan was...give Dez the big contract, tag Murray.

8. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Exactly. It makes the most sense.

Which is why it won't happen.

ICECOLD likes this.
  9. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He got offered 4 million a year.

He isnt staying in Dallas

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He shouldn't get a better offer than that, but he probably will...

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He'll get 7 to 8 million from someone who wants to sell jerseys.

IMO best thing for him right now would to be part of a committee. It will add a few more years of him being an effective back.

Ill take 4 or 5 years of Murray running for 900 to 1000 yards at 4.5 a clip with 40 catches VS one year of Murray running for 1,400 at 3.8 a clip with 60 and having him average 3.2 yards a carry after that. Thats what I think his career trajectory will be