DeSean Jackson Vs Ted Ginn Jr.

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Roy31, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I know its only 4 games into Jackson's career but I just thought I'd make a point here because Ginn hasn't done much as a pro.

DeSean Jackson is what Ted Ginn Jr. should be....

Jackson had a bad combine and had was shorter and lighter than what he was thought to have been, and meanwhile Ginn was a monster the year before at the combine and leading up to the draft therefore he was drafted 9th overall.

DeSean Jackson has made alot of boneheaded plays so far in his NFL career but he has shown much more than Ginn and has had a bigger impact in only FOUR GAMES. Now thats not to say that Ginn isn't going to become a better player. But I just think that Jackson has played fantastic and is the player that Ginn should be.

What are your guys thoughts on the two?

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Jackson has been great so far and should be our #1 for a while. Ted ginn is a bust imo he wont be as good as jackson. I still think its weird that your a fan of jackson and hes an eagle.

3. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

jackson has alot of potential, btu needs to be polished

ginn has some work to do, but im not ready to write him off as a bust yet

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

put ginn on the Eagles with that oline and mcnabb and then put desean on that mess of a team in miami and it could likely be two different stories than what it is currently.

5. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Lets just say I have a thing for Cal players. They are producing fantastic pro players. Like Madden said today, its hard not to like the kid.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

QFT

7. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

You can say shoulda coulda woulda with any player on any team. But the fact is Ginn is on the dolphins and surrounded by crap and DeSean surrounded by decent players. Lets be real McNabb ain't the crap so get off your high horse.

First four games of his career and hes 100 yards shy of Ginn whos played in 19, now that my friends is called PRODUCTION. Say it with me PRO-DUCTION! Something the dolphins haven't gotten out of Ginn.

8. Jeffgoodt

Jeffgoodt Team Veteran

Desean Jackson is the man.

Thats all i have to say about that

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

alot ???? :dunno:

10. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

That Marshawn Lynch fella ain't too shabby...

[​IMG]

11. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

I can really only count 4 boneheaded plays Jackson has made as far as I saw.

The wrong route that caused McNabb to throw the INT against the Bears.
    The muft punt against the Bears
    Letting the ball bounce past him and it ending up inside the 10 against the Bears
    Dropping the "would-be" touchdown pass against the Cowboys

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

^^^ i still don't call anything but dropping the ball before he got into the endzone is boneheaded.

the others were mistakes and they happen to many players.

that said, dropping the ball beofre he scored was boneheaded and is probably worth 10 on it's own.

13. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

yeah, at this point in time you'd have to say it looks like it's easily desean..

that being said, like mike said, ginn was dropped into a craphole. plus i'm sure it didn't help breaking his foot right before he got drafted.

14. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

6 TDs 95.7 qb rateing 1100 yards through 4 games is pretty good.

romo 8 tds 1192 yards 99 QB rateing mcnabb and romos are real close so :flipa:

15. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Excellent point...

That was McNabb's fault. There would've been a defender directly in front if Jackson if he kept going upfield. He cut it right, and I believe there was a huge gap in the coverage. Perhaps it wasn't the play, but Jackson would've got smoked if he went up for the ball where McNabb put it.

16. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

There's the key in bold. Ginn in a diffeent system may be a very good player, Jackson in the Dolphins would probably fare no better than Ginn has.

With that said the Fins reached bigtime for an undersized WR that is pretty one dimensional.

17. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

+1!

18. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

This is like asking a man whether he'd rather have his arm cut off or having a beer. It's a pretty obvious answer.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jackson is a freaking knucklehead, but he's far superior than Ted Ginn Jr.

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Knucklehead lol.