DeSean Jackson Vs Ted Ginn Jr.

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Roy31, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

DeSean Jackson
    47 Catches
    699 Yards
    1 Touchdown

Vs

Ted Ginn Jr.
    43 Catches
    596 Yards
    1 Touchdown

I gotta say DeSean really hasn't done much since the Dallas game and only has 1 freaking TD. Far from great numbers, and both of their stat lines look errilly similar.

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think Ginn ultimatly will be better, but alot of people forget he was pretty raw as a WR when he came out. Jackson is better now

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

ginn will be better, jackson was called a more polished ginn out of college, but ginn is really coming on strong now which is really how holmes was his first and second year with us. jackson has surpised me so far he really has...i just dont think hes better than ginn

4. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Ginn is starting to pick it up but damn he's frustrating to watch, he drops so many catchable balls. I'm still of the belief that they reached for him but at least he's starting to pay some dividends.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they absolutely reached big time, but hes gonna be a solid pro

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I think it was one of those things where rare speed evelates a player. I remeber thinking he should be around when Dallas picked (22) but because of how fast he is, he will go higher. Speed wise, there isnt a faster player in the NFL.

The kid was raw as a WR, I think he actually got recruited as a DB @ OSU. If he can learn the position, the guy is gonna scare the crap out of people. Considering Penny is more a chane mover than a deep ball QB, you may not really see it until Henne takes over

7. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

he played DB at OSU before switching to WR, Also, JAckson may only have 1 receiving TD, but don't forget about special teams, from what I have seen of the two, Jackson is better at returning punts.

8. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Desean effectively has 2 TDs though his stats don't show it cause he dropped it a second too soon. We all remember that play.

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Fast Forward 4 Years...

DeSean Jackson
    Teams: PHI
    61 Games Played
    233 Catches
    4,162 Yards
    21 Touchdowns
    4 KR/PR TD's

Vs

Tedward Ginn Jr.
    Teams: MIA, SF
    75 Games Played
    159 Catches
    2,047 Yards
    6 Touchdowns
    3 KR/PR TD's

Hmmmm.... Interesting to look back. These numbers aren't even comparable. And I suppose it's safe to label Ginn as a bust in every respect as far as the Dolphins 9th Overall pick went. Although he is a serviceable player who could possibly be a starting WR on a select few teams or play in the slot.

Can I quote you and call you an idiot now Jihad Joey? :dirty28::bye:

10. smeags

smeags militant geek