Diversity in the NFL - It Starts and Finishes with The Redskins

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by smeags, May 30, 2014.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

2. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

And the type of gutless administration in NY.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Worst idea ever.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Keep the name and change the logo.

[​IMG]

5. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

meaningless, wont change a thing

6. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

it was the redskins that came up with the term redskins. like the n word. they can say it but not whitey.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

there's so much conflicting info on the origin of the word but it really doesnt mean crap plus let's face it, the victors write history.

fact is just like the n-word which wasn't a racial slur for blacks originally, it is a slur now and has been for a couple hundred years. know the team's history and who owned the team when the name was changed from the braves. the guy was a out spoken biggot and campaigned to stop blacks from being allowed in the nfl.

i'm pretty sure he wasnt thinking about honoring native americans with then new name that he choose.

Aussie61 likes this.
  8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

Jihad Joe, Omen and Walnuts like this.
  9. Buck Fenson

that is true. victors do write history so how can you really be sure anything you read is correct? I mean unless you were there, there is no way to really be sure.

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Stubs, I would be surprised if the Redskins were concerned about the lack of an old, old wooden ship. But nice try

Walnuts likes this.
  11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Ive heard we didnt really land on Plymouth Rock

I heard Plymouth Rock landed on us

12. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I am tired of all of this crap.

I love my Redskins but I also loved the Bullets. and in all likelihood we are loosing this battle. It won't last much longer. So my 2cents is just change the damn team name already.

Here are a few names I think could work.

1st SKINS
    just drop the Red. And call them the Skins! solves almost all problems here. Most of us refer to them as the Skins anyway
    2nd Federals
    This has been proposed several times already and it's not all bad
    3rd Warriors
    This one has gained a lot of momentum on the internet lately

I've seen so many I won't list them but option number 1 for me seems to be the most logical

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

for the record ... changing the name of the bullets was as about as weak as it gets.

Jihad Joe, LebaneseFF and Walnuts like this.
  14. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Calling them Skins would be offensive to white supremacists, so thats a non-starter. The Federals? WTF? That's horrible. Warriors, just trying to ride the coattails of an actually successful, existing, professional sports franchise, nobody likes a biter.

15. LebaneseFF

Federals sounded horrible to me at first, but it really is not that bad.

Skins is the only that makes sense for all

16. LebaneseFF

In my eyes they are still the Bullets

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

and they should be. knee jerk over reaction to gun violence that resulted in a team named after "trains" having to change their moniker.

a local high school changed their name from the redskins to the skins. it works and let's face it, the crackas in this country cant claim racism anyway so no worries about the psuedo-nazis doging.

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i am offended by the team name 'Warriors' because it glorifies white-people gang life from the 70's.

Buck Fenson likes this.
  19. Buck Fenson

HEY HEY. That was a semi good show. can't believe only the main character made any more movies.

20. Aussie61

Aussie61 Nutcase

How about the Foreskins? :ROTFLMAO:

Buck Fenson likes this.