Do The Bears Have Any Chance Of Making The Playoffs???

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by *54~Hard*Hittin'~55*, Mar 20, 2010.

1. After the "big splash" Chicago made this year in FA and they have yet to address FS,OL and the WR postion if the season was to start right now could they make the playoffs?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

The 'big splash' didn't do much to change things. The biggest effect would be getting #54 back & the usual surprise from having a new OC...at least a surprise till mid season.

Too early to start wondering if the playoffs are possible. Still have to see what the rest of the off season brings.

Besides, even if they got in with this present roster, 1 & done isn't worth the time of dragging out the party hats to celebrate getting in.

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The big obstacle is the offensive line. The skill players they have are decent, and the WR's could be much better next season, as they have some talent, just very green as a group.

However, Forte isnt gonna due much if the line doesnt improve, and Cutler would be alot better if he had more time to throw

How has Chris Williams been?

4. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i dont see it. Cutler needs a WR where he can throw the ball anywhere and the WR will come down with it.

5. Tarkus

Actually the biggest. & yet beyond getting rid of an over-the-hill Pace, they've done nothing except shuffle last year's players around so far. :icon_rolleyes:

"Could be"is what got them in trouble last year. Instead of at least having 1 vet to help mentor the raw rookies, they look to run the same gauntlet of hope/despair this year. There's a glimmer or 2 at WR but nothing I'd want to bank a passing attack on.

A-freaking-men...

Everyone can see that except the Bears organization.

Mostly mediocre to poor last year but that was him at rightt tackle instead of left where he was more comfortable & what he was drafted for. This year he's finally getting to the left side so the jury is still out.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Didnt he miss his whole rookie year. I remember when he came out he looked like he was gonna b a great pass protector

7. Tarkus

Yea, JJ

He came into the draft with a known back issue & promptly went under the knife in the preseason. Bears really did their homework on that one. :icon_rolleyes:

Then he came back last year & was started on the right side where he's much less effective.

We'll find out what he's made of this year & it better be better than last...

8. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Chris Williams played 9 games his rookie year mainly on special teams.

9. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

The Raiders have a better chance at making the Playoffs before the Bears do, So.. NO!! :)

10. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Ooooo....thats low dude.

Also wrong.

To get into the playoffs, you need a Quarterback. The Bears have one. A good one. They can now get to the passer (Peppers) which should make the entire defense better. If they can protect Cutler he has targets downfield - Olsen if he stays, Hester and Knox are deep threats, and Aromashodu *could* develop into a number 1 receiver. He has the size and speed to do it.

11. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! That was the funniest crap I have ever read. Raiders having a better chance at making the playoffs yeah okay dude!

12. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Dude what the heck is wrong with you. The Raiders are freaking terrible...jesus christ. Get a QB who completes more than 8 passes a game if he's lucky then we'll talk.

13. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

well all things considering, cutler and the bears can't be much worse than last year. i'd say they can sure knock off the vikes for wild card, becasue the packers are going to win the division.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

Haha! Funny!

15. Nuff said..TY
    I agree I HOPE WR's will be improved next year but I agree with how well GB adjusted to running the 3-4 last year they should be the favorite in the NFC North:icon_sad:

I think we really won't know how well he will do for another year first and fore most he is going to have to stay healthy for a whole season and I agree as far as the offense goes they need to focus on using a couple of picks for that OL.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

If Favre comes back in 2010 which I think he will, I still see the Vikings winning the division. If he doesn't, than the NFC North is up for grabs.