Do You Think Desean Jackson Is Pro Bowl Caliber Reciver?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by ball in the baskett, Nov 2, 2009.

?

desean a probowler or no?

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. no

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, an eagles fan may have started the thread but ten other people have already voted 'yes' to desean in the probowl, which is ludicrous as I've pointed out.:icon_confused:

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

lol not at all

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Every one of deseans tds is a long pass he is a big play receiver. Hes on a team that spreads the ball around and doesent go to 1 receiver and he still is up there stats wise with the top receivers. Hes also averaging 20.9 a catch. Guys like donald driver hester and nate burleson dont even have better stats then desean so dont know what thats about. On the eagles its gonna be hard for a wide receiver to get noticed for the probowl because of how much they spread the ball but hes pushing for it. If he keeps playing the way hes playing hes gonna be up for consideration atleast hes having a really good year. What games are you watching this year have you seen the TDs the guy gets he burns corners its not even close on his tds. The last 2 there was no one even near him. How is he not valuable if teams have to double team him why do you think maclin had such a huge game vs kansas city.This thread says is desean a probowl caliber reciever could be next year or the year after the guy is only in his second year and doing a great job.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

wow, the real question is what games have you watched ?? seriously, you could not have watched more than 3mins total of jackson's time on the field to have this insane opinion. first off the question was is he "pro-bowl caliber" which means he should be in the conversation, something nobody can deny.

not sure jackson has done as much for his team as a receiver as those others you mentioned ? miles austin who half of his stats came from ONE game ? really ? burleson & hester who have less yards on more catches ? driver with less tds ? btw fitzgerald only has 8 more yards then jackson.

this guy is our offense basically and it doesn't all show up in the passing game as he has nice stats from the running game which can not, be ignored.

so, yes, he is pro-bowl caliber. will he get voted in ? who knows, it's only about mid-season.

comprehension. try it out. :icon_cheesygrin:

1 person likes this.
  4. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

That is not true. He had 250 yards in one game but his total for the year is 563, which puts him in the top ten for yards.

Now if you take his top two games that would be 421 yards which is 75% of his total yards.:icon_cheesygrin:

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

ZOMG it was only 44% of his stats in one game. :moe:

6. ball in the baskett

Miles austin might be good but i dont think hes gonna be great when he plays a good defense. Especially our secondary this week.

The 2 big games he had came against teams with the 31st and 28th ranked pass defense.

7. CaptainStubing

ok, guys, you know i love ya, especially my power ranger pervert, but i'm going to take what you guys say with a grain of salt because he's 'your' guy.

While I agree that when the question is phrased 'is he pro bowl caliber', it obviously puts him in the conversation (along with many other WR's who really have no shot at a pro bowl).

To continue to play devil's advocate though .....................

1) the 'deseans stats are awesome' debate is a little sketchy because desean isn't even in the top 5 in his own conference in any major receiving category. In fact, he's 21st in receptions in the NFC, 8th in yards, tied for 5th with 4 other players in TD's (average of #6.5), and is 20th in first downs made for his team.

2) you both mention the fact that the eagles are throwing the ball a lot. i agree. the eagles have been pretty good through the air this year but celek is actually your most reliable receiver to consistently move the ball. i agree with smeagle's comment that jackson is a big part of the eagles offense but i feel you both are ignoring how big some of the other great receivers are for their respective teams and that discussion won't get jackson over the top either. Roddy White, Larry Fitz, steve smith (nyg), and colston are all bigger parts of their offenses than jackson. jackson will hit a home run every now and then. what happens when he doesn't? the raiders game is what happens. the TOP receivers give their teams big home runs ALONG with consistent catches, goal line td's, and first downs throughout each and every game.

DeSean is simply not that valuable yet. everything he's doing right now is still just based off of using his athleticism in open space to either take advantage of blown coverages or making a couple of moves to the endzone. He's not yet the guy that is going to be able to get open on a crucial 3rd down in the 4th quarter and save a drive for his team. He's simply not a top receiver yet. Is he top 10 in the nfc? probably. top 5? not yet but he has lots of time.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

that's the point, pro-bowl caliber means he worthy of having a discussion over. he's top 10 in yards and although he's further down in receptions he's only 13 out of 2nd place.

again though it's only mid-season so a lot can change between now and the end of the year. right now he's in the conversation which is saying something for a 2nd yr player in reid's offense. oh and i think 14 of his catches are for 1st downs.

9. CaptainStubing

absolutely. this we can agree on 100%.

10. ball in the baskett

major bump not only did he make it hes a starter on the probowl team with fitzgerald

11. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

kid has had a monster year

12. ball in the baskett

Hes also the first player to be the starting returner and starting WR in the probowl

13. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

although i hate the guy's guts with his showboating....he's definitrly a probowler in my book has had an awesome year.

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He's electric. Definitely deserved. Hopefully he won't be able to play in the game though.

15. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

an eagle player made the pro bowl, have a freaking parade why don't you?

16. ball in the baskett

ok its because no one expected him to and hes the first to be a starter at 2 positions EVER

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

It's the only kind of Eagles parade we know.

18. ball in the baskett

Dont give them any fuel to the fire

19. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

what do you mean nobody expected him to make the pro bowl? 70% of the people in here said he's a pro bowl player.

20. ball in the baskett

70% read the thread again most peoples answers was he should be in consideration but he most likley wont make it

not only did he make it hes a starter