Dolphins LB Karlos Dansby Says He Is Playing With Torn Biceps

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Nov 16, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Dolphins LB Karlos Dansby has been playing with a giant brace on his left arm since the second quarter of the Week 8 game against the Jets, and Friday he said to Jorge Sedano on WQAM 560-AM that he is playing with a torn left biceps muscle and a dislocated finger on his right hand that’s “popping out every other play.â€

Dansby said his torn bicep has him in “some serious pain, day in and day out†and that “the things I have to do to prepare to play, it’s worse than playing in the game.†But Dansby said that surgery would knock him out for five months, so he decided to play through it for the last three weeks.

Dansby leads the Dolphins with 76 total tackles this year, but has just one sack and zero interceptions or forced fumbles. He has dropped potential interceptions in recent games against the Colts and Bills, and said his injury has affected his play.

“The brace that I have on is limiting my range of motion,†he said. “Like yesterday, I had a chance to get a pick, and I couldn’t get my arm in there. … I’m trying to do it with one hand, but I’ve got to make that play, because I’m capable of doing it with one hand.â€

Source: Palm Beach Post