Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill Expected To Start Preseason Finale Vs Cowboys

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Aug 25, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Most starting quarterbacks sit out the fourth and final preseason game so as not to get injured before the start of the regular season but Dolphins rookie Ryan Tannehill is not an ordinary quarterback.

Offensive coordinator Mike Sherman said Saturday that he expects Tannehill to play Wednesday in the preseason finale at Dallas. Veteran starters such as Jake Long and Reggie Bush likely won’t play, but Tannehill and his young receivers are all likely to get one last shot at game experience before the start of the regular season Sept. 9 at Houston.

“I would envision Ryan playing,†Sherman said. “Certainly we have to be cautious with what we’re doing, but he needs more game reps. I’m hopeful we’ll get him some.â€

Through three games, he has 379 passing yards, a 50.7 completion percentage and a 65.4 passer rating.

Despite the poor numbers, Sherman is pleased with his pupil. “If you look at the game objectively, he did a lot of good things,†Sherman said. “We dropped about eight balls, and maybe even more than that. He didn’t make a bad decision. All of his decisions were decisive and accurate. So I think we’ll be much improved as we go along, but obviously we have to get busy in a hurry.â€

Source: Palm Beach Post