Dolphins RB Ricky Williams Criticizes Tony Sparano, Likely Done In Miami

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 4, 2011.

1. An admittedly angry Ricky Williams took to the radio airwaves Monday night, a day after the Dolphins finished a frustrating 2010 season with a 38-7 loss to New England, and he didn’t hold back his true feelings about head coach Tony Sparano, his teammates and the Dolphins’ current culture. Williams, speaking on his weekly radio spot with WQAM-560’s Sid Rosenberg, criticized Sparano on several fronts – questioning his philosophies, criticizing his “micromanaging†coaching style, accusing the Dolphins of bieng ill-prepared for their game against the Patriots and saying that Sparano lost the locker room at the end of the season, despite repeated votes of confidence from the players. “Usually when players are talking and saying the right things, it means that they’re full of s***,†Williams said. Williams, 33, also said that he has almost certainly played his last game with the Dolphins, after nine roller-coaster years associated with the team. Williams, who rushed just 159 times in 16 games for 673 yards and two touchdowns, said he wants to “have a chance to play a lot and be a part of something big next year.†Williams expressed frustration that he didn’t have a big enough role – “this whole season I haven’t taken one Advil,†he said – and that ideally he would play for a team that is “changing things around" and the Dolphins were in that phase in 2008, when Sparano, Jeff Ireland and Bill Parcells first came to town to turn around a 1-15 team, but no longer. “It seems like now is time to move on,†Williams said. “I was drafted in 1999, and this is the first time I’ve been a free agent. I’m excited to see what happens.â€

Source: Palm Beach Post

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011