Dolphins To Swap 12th Pick For Cowboys DE Marcus Spears?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Apr 22, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

ESPN writer Calvin Watkins is reporting that a rumor surfaced last night that the Cowboys were shopping defensive end Marcus Spears to the Dolphins for possibly the No. 12 pick in the first round. It seems the Dolphins want to move down to No. 27, where Dallas is selecting. The Dolphins would like to pick DT Dan Williams if he's available when they move down.

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

why? DE is one of the positions the Dolphins have quality and depth at.

3. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

I would be ALL for this

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

I just feel like we are one more playmaker away from being scary good on defense. doing this would do so. We would draft Earl Tohmas to cover hamlins postition than we would be seing earl and jenkins pick sixin allll day! Come on jerry. This will cover for you inactivity in free agency. Give us boys fans something to be excited about!

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

oh man this would bc pretty cool marcus has been good but not what we or i always thought he could be or maybe D ware overshadowed him

but if ET is there at 12 i say do it

5. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I dont get this for the Dolphins, not good value, and they are stocked at DE

6. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

Yea I believe this to be nothing more than a rumor... We need linebackers, NT and FS not DEs and unless Spears can play standing up which I doubt, then the Phins wouldn't make a silly move like this

7. Omen

but this is a guy parcells drafted just fasano

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Dolphins need a NT badly and Dan Williams is perfect. I don't think Marcus Spears is worthy throwing away the chance of a future stud NT.

9. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Do it, Please... We need safety more then we do Marcus Spears, and I love Spears to death.

10. Omen

i dont love spears to death so i say do it pull the trigger JJ

11. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

i do because he's solid, he don't get in any trouble, and is a starter who didn't commit one penalty last season, plus when he gets his hands on somebody, he makes the tackle. just.. his hands dont get on ppl a lot lol

12. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

Oh Lord...I do realize this is probably just draft speculation and rumors...but please God let this be true. We could end up with Ear Thomas or Dez Bryant.

13. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I love when draft rumors come out. Some teams fans jerking it to the idea of getting their hero. Marcus Spears and #27 is not worth #12 overall. That is just a joke. Especially not to a team that could just take DL of their choice. It would take Spears, Their first and either their 2nd round or 3rd and 4th. Way toooo much and even JJ isn't that stupid. That would be an Al Davis move.

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

yeah not everyone can be a superfan like mike.

8)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I love Spears but he is worth no more than a 4th in this market

By chart, which Parcells use's, that tradeup would take the 27/2nd and 3rd. No way Spears is going to value that when guys like Kerry Rhodes and Ernie Simms are going for a 4th or 5th

Also, Cowboys arent targeting Thomas for a tradeup. They are targeting Bryant. And they wont move up to 12 for that. Per Goselin, they will trade up if Bryant slips to around 20

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

good leave thomas for us.

17. Jihad Joe

Honestly, If I was the Eagles I would either take Wilson or trade up for Haden. I love Thomas, but I think you guys need another CB, and you can get a better FS with your first #2 than a CB

18. Omen

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

if the eagles dont trade up and he is ther @ 24 they take him.

20. Jihad Joe

Or course they will. He's value there. Top 10-15 pick VS Wilson who is a top 20-25

Probably wont be there tho