Donald Trump, NFL Team owner?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DontKnowMe, Apr 17, 2014.

?

Do you think Trump would be a good owner if he bought the Bills?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Do you think Trump would be a good owner if he bought the Bills?

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

He supposedly has said that he will keep the team in Buffalo. Another interested buyer is singer Jon Bon Jovi. However, he wants to move the team to Toronto.

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well he ruined the USFL so I'm going with no.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

This.

Bon Jovi >>>> Trump

5. ragman

The other NFL owners won't let Trump in.

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The thing that killed the USFL was Trump's trying to compete with the NFL instead of being happy just being the spring alternative. Trump has enough like-minded people in the NFL ownership circle (ex: Jerry Jones) who would love to have someone like him on board in the good 'ol boy network. Who knows where the USFL would be right now if Trump hadn't gotten stupid. However, if he were a NFL owner he'd definitely be interested in helping to find more ways to print money. Greed is thick in the NFL, and a shark like Trump would feel right at home.

Aussie61 and markaz like this.
  7. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he would probably make his players have his hairstyle.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Agreed. I'm probably the only rod that thinks he'd be OK because his ego and wallet would want to prove all the naysayers wrong. Just don't see how the Bills would be worse off compared to their ownership since the 90's. Can't stand the SOB, but he ain't stupid.
    He did do that, but comparing the NFL to the USFL is like comparing an aircraft carrier to a canoe. Trump would just be a zit on Goodell's ass.

SRW likes this.
  9. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Since it's basically a billionaire's club and you have to get approved to get in,i am betting the owners vote no and will not approve him to buy the team.
    I Have seen several stories that have stated jon bon jovi wants to buy the bills too. I Guess they would approve him,who knows?

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bon Jovi has dabbled in ownership with his AFL team. It's not like he's coming from out of the blue to get involved. Bon Jovi isn't going to be the polarizing figure Trump would be. I bet you Trump can find a way to bullcrap his way in once he gets an audience with the owners.

11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Am not familiar with the process,does it have to be a unaminious vote or just a majority? if it has to be all yes,i can't see trump getting voted in.

12. ragman

IMO, the major sports leagues all have a good old boys network that doesn't take too well to outsiders moving in. Remember when Cuban tried to buy an MLB team? He failed. I think the same thing will happen to Trump.

Diesel44 likes this.
  13. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

I Agree. The league has been free of al davis two years,and to me,trump would be a bigger pain in the ass than davis ever was.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

And his team was rather successful in the AFL...so he must've learned a little bit being around them. Right?

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Al Davis was never a fraction of the pain in the ass that Snyder is.

Jihad Joe likes this.
  16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Haslam wasn't really an "outsider." He had his foot in the door with his minority ownership in Pittsburgh...

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

al davis was a pain in the league's ass that cost them a crapload of money from the 1980s till his last day alive.snyder may be a pain in the ass,but i would argue that he has not been a big of a pain that your boy debartlo was before he ran off and dissappeared.snyder is just a dumbass,debartlo knew what he was doing was wrong,he just thought he was bigger than the league and could get by with it,which he did'nt!

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That was only a few years before the Browns, and he was an outsider before that, no? It's not like he had been a long term member of the NFL society. Even if you don't count him, it's still 13 percent of the teams in the league have come under new, "outsider" ownership in the last ten years alone, which in my eyes is a pretty significant amount considering what all is involved in making that happen. You go back 15 years and throw in Woody Johnson and Arthur Blank and thats almost a quarter of the league.

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Im not sure how Al Davis cost the league money, or how Debartolo was somehow worse than Snyder, but at least both of those guys made significant contributions to both the league and the game itself. Oh, and there's these, too.

Raiders under Al Davis:
    [​IMG]

49ers under Debartolo:
    [​IMG]

Skins under Snyder:
    [​IMG]

Buck Fenson and TJ like this.
  20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer