Donovan McNabb Fine With Eagles Signing Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Aug 14, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Despite early indications that Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb isn't happy with the arrival of Michael Vick in Philadelphia, McNabb claims that he's fine with the move. "There's no threat for me or for (Kevin) Kolb," said McNabb. "It's another opportunity for us to add another weapon to our offense and to our team." Andy Reid also says there is no QB controversy. "There will not be a quarterback controversy," said Reid. "That's not how it's going to go down here. We've got to make sure he gets back into football shape."

Source: Sports Network

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:wink:

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Im pretty sure hes gonna get more playing time then kolb no matter where he is on the depth chart lol

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

No threat for Kolb b/c Kolb will be riding the pine on another NFL Roster or in the UFL...

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

We'll see...

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Uhhhhhh...what was he supposed to say?

7. ball in the baskett

Hes the one that wanted the eagles to get vick he said he has been following vick since highscool.

8. SoDev

Riiight.

9. ball in the baskett

HATER!!!!!

10. SoDev

:icon_cheesygrin:

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

I guess.... because there's nothing a starting NFL QB likes more then someone coming into camp that could take his job away from him. Right?

12. SoDev

Well he did just sign a 2 year contract extension ...err pay raise. Riight.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

QB love this kinda crap they thrive for it.......didnt mcbarf get all butt hurt when they drafted Kolb........

my thoughts exactly

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Take his job away? I guess you've never seen Vick play QB.

15. ball in the baskett

keep bringing the hate i love it and ill love it more when vick runs for a 80 yard Td vs your teams.:icon_cheesygrin:

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

McNabb's comments are nonsense. No way he's happy or lobbied for Mike Vick. The first bad game McNabb has isn't going to get Kevin Kolb chants...they are going to chant Mike Vick.

The Eagles were rolling distraction free up until last night. Where I love the move for Vick, not crazy about it from the Eagles point of view. But I like the idea of Vick having some packages installed for him.

However, at some point this season it will create a QB controversy...

This reminds me a little bit of the Jaws/Cunningham situation where Jaws got consistently booed. Vick will polarize the Philly fans.

Best case scenario, Vick could get on the field, be very very exciting. Make gamebreaking plays...turns out, that could also be the Eagles worst case scenario...

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

are you invoking TJ

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

i heard on sports radio that when this was announced at the game last night people people booed

did any hear this

18. ball in the baskett

Yea the reaction is half and half and i say screw the eagle fans that are hating on vick.

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Eagle fan polls seem to be running about half and half on this signing.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

For once i agree with Ward.... even if I were to overlook the despicable things Vick did and think he deserved this second chance he just doesn't offer enough up side for the inevitable drama that signing him to a team with such a rabid and at times idiotic (yeah I said it) fan base.

I believe Donovan believes everything he said. Just as he was close to Mcnair for the mentorship he felt he received when he came in the league I believe he feels a similar relationship between himself and Vick BUT he's dumb if he didn't think about the Negadelphian's ability to turn on him in a dime and eternal desire to see if the grass is greener on the other side.