Donovan McNabb Responds To DeSean Jackson's Comments

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, May 8, 2010.

1. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

Kolb has only played 2 games. So to say that Kilb is gonna be this great Qb after watching him play 2 games.. ( Chiefs and Saints )..I dont think so. Kolb has not proven himself. I can tell you this, If Kolb isn't the QB they think he is.. I can guarentee you this.. we willbe hearing these words from the Philly Fans.. " WE WANT VICK," " WE WANT VICK " ... VICK IS THE FUTURE

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

lol true

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

The revisionist history in Philly makes me sick

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

On the behalf of Gridironfans.com, I hereby revoke your right to call yourself an "expert". Seriously, this is a load of horsecrap and you know it.

5. nachmany5

nachmany5 Franchise Quarterback

I love both McNabb and Jackson. DeSean said some things he shouldn't have but I think both the Redskins and the Eagles are better off in their respective ways.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

what did he say that was wrong ?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

yeah mcnabb was right and showed leadership after having a pathetic game and then stating we showed our youth. :icon_rolleyes:

so you want a player to throw his hands up say act like chicken little ? many players in the eagles locker room did not like mcnabb over the years and a prime example of why is how he blamed the young guys after a game in which mcnabb himself sucked it hard.

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

McNabb didn't play a pathetic game. Considering our line couldn't give him 3 seconds. Probably because it was manned by such youthful and inexperienced players.
    Yet another time 5 was right.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

he always has an excuse. he flat out missed wide open guys that could've changed the outcome of that game but hey let's not dare bring that up.

everytime he had a bad game it was someone else's fault, everytime he threw a ball behind a wideout or at their feet it was somebody else's fault. everytime he held onto the ball too long and got sacked it wan't his fault.

poor picked on wittle donny.

9. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

He was and is picked on by a fanbase that under appreciated him and was overly critical of him BUT don't confuse his supporters explanantions or even excuses as his own. He didn't make any. We did. He would just say "We need to get better. Starting with me"

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

bullcrap.

go look up his post game pressers and see how many times he made excuses like "we showed our youth". those words came from him, not his supporters. of which i was one of for years but the fact is he failed, just as the rest of the players and coaches but rarely did we ever hear - " i htrew bad int's that cost us the game" - "i coughed up a fumble because i didnt get rid of the ball" - "i threw too many balls in the dirt."

you know this fanbase as a whole picked on mcnabb because you live here right ? you formed this opinion based on everyday interactions with philadelphians as opposed to listening to the national perspective ? you figured this out by listening to something other than WIP ? you got this idea form 30dopes that booed him at the draft ?

every qb in under appreciated until they win it all. i blame reid for the failing more than anyone but there is no denying, unless you're mcnabb or a blind follower that 5 himself was a big part of the team's shortcomings and yet he always found a way to find fault in others.

he's gone, i truely wish he would've had the chance to lead a parade down broad st but this fanbase as a whole absolutely supported him.

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

A) I lived there for 3 years
    B) I NEVER listen to WIP
    C) There are more Eagles fans who don't live in Philly then there are that do
    D)Your completely insane if you believe the last statement you made. SOME of the fanbase supported him, some like me still support his time as an Eagle but ALOT blamed him for everything.

PS... I don't have to rewatch his post game pressors. I watched them the first time. He always took responsibility for a loss. No he didn't recount specific heck ups he made unless specificaly asked about them but he never threw team mates under the bus. Comments about showing our youth IMO were appropriate, true, and not a big deal until Philly media spun it as a 5 says it's Desean and Maclins fault!

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

1- oh that changes everything. you lived here for three years. :icon_rolleyes:

2- doubtful

3- not outside of the city and surrounding suburbs.

4- again you get your info from the wrong sources. of course he got a good amount of the blame, afterall he was the freaking QB. but MOST blamed reid even for mcnabb's short comings.

nice try though.

face it phigles, this is not the 1st wideout or teammate in general mcnabb has had issues with but i guess you'd say they were always wrong and mcnabb was the picked on victim. the guy caused most of his own issues and the lazy thing to do is to try and blame the fanbase or other players.

kudos to you for championing that cause.

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

I have tired of this. We will have to agree to disagree.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

baltimore, washington caps, sounds like a washington loyalist, lol All the Eagles fans I know don't like other city's teams.

I loved McNabb for the things that he helped our franchise accomplish, but that doesn't change that he was the first guy to throw someone under the bus when put on the spot. As much as he said the right things when things were going well, he would look for excuses when they weren't. A leader takes care of things behind the scenes and away from cameras, McNabb all to often, instead of not commenting like a leader, would make stupid comments and add fuel to the fire that was the basis for a many a player dislike and distrust of him over the years.

I am sick of hearing about those hecks that Angelo Cataldi sent to the draft who booed the Eagles for not drafting Ricky. They didn't boo McNabb, people who believe that are as stupid as those hecktards. I bet those hecks didn't even know who McNabb was, because if they paid as much attention to the stuff leading to the draft as they did their makeup or beer count, then they would have known we were drafting McNabb, like other informed people. You never hear about how the Giants fans booed the crap out of drafting Phil Simms, because no fans do anything bad except for Philly fans. :icon_rolleyes:

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yeah... cause Baltimore and Washington are the same cities.

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

no, but I have always seen that before the ravens came to town, baltimore fans were redskin lovers and many of them remain loyal to washington, but it's good to see that is all you have to respond to from my post.

17. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Baltimore people were Redskins fans until the Ravens came along?....hmmm...ok....not sure what that has to do with McNabbs comments but maybe it does about Jackson's.....nope...not there either. lol
    Still say McNabb said the right things here and Jackson didn't. Kind of typical in these situations though. Favre is kind of the acception to that rule.

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

As previously stated I am done arguing about McNabb. I have been doing it for years and all it has done is made me tired, resentful, and with a Cinderella power ballad playing on a loop in my mind.
    You want a response to the rest? Fine. Here ya go:
    I disagree that McNabb always threw people under the bus but you already know that from the hour I wasted arguing with Smeagle.
    I am not sure why you bring up the people booing McNabb at the draft but I agree with your assessment of that situation.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

there is no denying that mcnabb gave eagles fans a reason to to be proud to be a fan again and i spent many a day defending mcnabb when it was warranted but i also called him out when he failed be it on the field or off.

to hear him make the "high road comment" and saying people say alot after you leave just floors me. first he didn't take the high road. secondly he played the i am a bigger man role while owens was here and as soon as he was cut he took every opportunity to rip him.

i am still a fan of what he did for the organization but he is no longer an eagle so now i hope he fails miserably.

20. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

All desean did was praise kolb and that they dident lose anything lol.People are looking to much into it. Leonard weaver also said the offense wont take a step back because mcnabb is just one guy and it takes a whole offense to be successful is what he said wrong to?