Donovan McNabb - Should The Redskins Re-Sign Him ?

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by smeags, Oct 21, 2010.

1. smeags

smeags militant geek

hey, i expect 10,000 votes from you alone pal. get clicking !

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The question is if the Redskins want to re-sign him. Remember they are the ones who decided to bench him the other day.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

well that answers that question.

4. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

if he actually had a team around him, this contract wouldn't be an issue

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

true but remember it was mcnabb after the last proclaiming the eagles made a mistake getting rid of him.

well ?

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

7. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Hey, at least, if we want to, we can cut him this season and only pay him 3.15 million. Personally I'd rather build the line up because McNabb is probably the best thing we can have right now till a line is put in place for a young QB.

Chad Dukes rant, heh, he always loves to blame Snyder. He's an impatient little heck. What the hell does he expect? This is a 4-12 team with a new coach, new offense, new defense, a new everything. Crap isn't going to change in one off season no matter how much he wants it to. I agree it sucks how the Eagles raped us, but that's what happens when you have no offensive line and a 3-4 defense with possibly two players who can run a 3-4 (Moore and Orakpo).

Don't see how you even bring up Snyders name up with everything he's done this offseason, but heh, whatever. Sometimes makes me happy seeing little butthole's like him getting all butt hurt.

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

you hit the nail on the head here.

i don't know the guy but i can see how skins fans could be impatient with snyder considering his track record as owner

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  9. HailttRedskins

I use to talk to Dukes before he even had his little podcast going on. He use to be real chill, but like most people when they get their fame they just turn their backs to everyone and think they can walk on water.

I understand that he's tired of losing, hell I'm tired of losing, but right now, with Shanahan and Allen this is probably the best hands this team has been in since 91 in all honesty. Gotta give it time to roll out. Redskins fans always bash Snyder for crap, but they do the same. They we're all pissed with Marty, Snyder fires him, then he does work couple years later. Then all of a sudden Snyder is stupid, yet they all wanted him fired.

Redskins fans get sick and tired of spending big $$ on players such as Jason Taylor, Haynesworth, etc, yet right away when Peppers was on the market they wanted him. I mean they are just as dumb as they claim Snyder is.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

who made the call for the mcnabb trade ? curious because that doesn't seem like a move that should be made for a team trying to rebuild from the botton up.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

To both you and smeags:

With all of this 'McNabb's supporting cast is so crapty' talk, please explain to me how he is top 5 in the league in passing yards?

The guy ranked right above him has 150 more passing yards, and 6 more TDs. And 7 less INTs. And a 62% completion compared to Mcnabb's 57.5%.

And that man... is... Kyle Orton.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

wondering why you left out the stellar 76 qb rating ?

c'mon man, you can't seriously be sitting here trying to convince others that the skins actually have an above average o-line and weapons for him. remember all the years he had crap here and still put up numbers ?

10td 12ints this year. some of those int's are his fault alone but a good amount are the result of what's around him.

13. HailttRedskins

I believe Shanahan wanted him, saw him as his Elway v2.0, but I can't be certain, either way it was him or Allen, Snyder gave them the power to run the team how they want to. I'm not as upset over the McNabb pickup as I am with Joey Galloway and Roydell Williams.

Shanahan is bringing up the younger guys though, Banks has seen some time at WR, Austin should be getting some soon and I can't hate the man with his RB choices. Williams and Torain have been nothing but exceptional.

I think after this season there will be more players that fit Shanahan's system and we could see everything getting a little better, but as said the line needs to be fixed or not crap is going to happen.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  14. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

You didn't answer my question. Remind me again of how the hell he has the 5th most passing yards in the league if he has no talent. Magic? Is he throwing the ball up and catching it himself?

I've seen far bigger scrubs on a football field than the likes of Santana Moss, Chris Cooley, Clinton Portis, Ryan Torain, and the emergence of Armstrong and Davis (at least last year).

Also, Trent Williams has been getting praise all year, he has Jamaal Brown on the other side (2 time Pro Bowler), Casey Rabach (nothing special, but no slouch), and some mediocre guards. It's not like it's a bunch of no name vets or 6th round rookies. I'd liken it to a Jason Peters, Winston Justice, MIKE MCGLYNN, Todd Herremans, and NICK COLE line.

Side note: Eagles and Skins have both given up the same amount of sacks.

I think it might be time to quit the No-Talent-for-McNabb-In-DC bullcrap.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

well 1st off i haven't been saying mcnabb has "no" talent around him. i have said he has average talent on the o-line and about the same as far as the weapons go. secondly i did actually answer your question - i said he has the yards he does because he is just that good and did the same while with the eagles when there was less than stellar taent around him.

you pointing out an ok WR corp, an admittedly upper tier TE and an over the hill RB along with some good young players that still have some proving to do as well as claiming the o-line in front of him is on par with the eagles' o-line and for some reason pointing out that both have given up entirely too many sacks ins't convincing me otherwise. now if you want to cling to his yardage and proclaim he has great stuff to work with while ignoring the fact that the redskins overall are offensively middle of the pack yardage wise and 23rd in scoring go right ahead.

the young talent may bloosom but the o-line play has to improve drastically for the skins and mcnabb to move up in the rankings.

16. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Tell me how Jamaal Brown is less of a player than Winston Justice is. Tell me how Casey Rabach is less of a player than our backup center. Tell me how Trent Williams doesn't at least come close to equalling out to Jason Peters and his overrated butt with all of his penalties. We got one up with Herremans but we have a revolving door at right guard.
    That couldn't have anything to do with McNabb, right? All of our struggles in the red zone the past couple years? Not having much of an issue with it now that Vick is QB. Maybe, JUST maybe, some of it is McNabb?

He's got a far better supporting cast than he did with Pinkston, Thrash, and Staley. Yet he isn't putting up the numbers. Face it, he isn't what he used to be which is why we crapcanned him and even traded him to a division rival.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

you are all over the place and making little sense. first you boast about the top passing yardage which is directly tied to mcnabb and then you take shots at him claiming he stinks.

maybe you want me to agree that the success the skins have in the passing yards should be credited to the weapons and line that mcnabb has but when i point out the fact that the offense statistically is average at best the fault lies on mcnabb's shoulders ?

c'mon man, i don't and never have argued that he isn't what he used to be but your claims that he is basically finished just isn't so.

i am not even really trying to defend mcnabb for his stats, crap, i pointed out the lousy qb rating and sad td/int ratio, my statement is that the "redskins" would be better offensively if they had better talent, which is really just stating the obvious.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010