Draft tonight

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by dylanweber24, Aug 28, 2014.

1. dylanweber24

dylanweber24 M2M 17 Premium Member

Nothing crazy scoring wise.

Every TD is 6 points.

QB gets 1 pt per 25 yards passing.
    Rushing and Receiving is 1 per per 10 yards.

No PPR.

When I ran the cheat sheets it looks like QB's dominate the points in this league. Peyton Manning comes in at 462 projected points while Shady McCoy and Jamal Charles come in around 250 points. Obviously knowing where I was picking would be helpful but I won't know until 20 minutes prior.

But I was wondering since Peyton, Rodgers and Brees are all over 400 points and Stafford with the big drop off down to 350 ish points, should I be targeting a top tier QB in this league in the first round? Then come back with the RB in the 2nd round? It's only an 8 team league so there will be tons of talent to go around. Just wondering if I jump on a QB early.

Thanks guys.

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Sorry no one was around to help dylon. I log off between 4-5pm EST. how did you make out?

3. Greg Brosh

DylAn. Sorry. For some reason I can't edit my replies at the moment.

4. dylanweber24

Thanks for the reply Greg.

I think I drafted a decent team. Not too excited about my WR's besides Julio but all in all I think I made out ok. I might have reached for Aaron Rodgers when I probably should've snagged a WR or another RB. But oh well

QB
    Rodgers
    Romo

WR
    Julio Jones
    Andre Johnson
    Torrey Smith
    Michael Floyd
    Emmaneul Sanders
    Mike Evans
    Kelvin Benjamin
    Miles Austin

RB
    Eddie Lacey
    Doug Martin
    Shane Vereen
    Rashad Jennings
    Terrance West

K
    Blair Wash

D
    Carolina

5. dylanweber24

Kind of a weird league with only 8 teams and an abundance of bench players. Nothing really on the waiver wire most of the season so the draft is pretty huge. Really the only pick I don't like is Terrence West. I would like to look into RB's on the wire today and see if anyone else stands out. Although with my crazy depth at WR I will probably only be starting 2 RB's anyway....

6. dylanweber24

And this is team 2 in my signature

7. dylanweber24

The people on the waiver who may be worth a look over West are;

Steven Jackson
    Lagarette Blount
    Danny Woodhead
    Andre Williams
    Khiry Robinson

Jordan Matthews
    Hakeem Nicks

8. Greg Brosh

Since the team is so deep, I wouldn't worry about waiver wires for now. If you want, list the top 5 backs left. Doubt there is anything there. Since you only start 2, Vereen and Jennings are strong bench players. Your receiving corps is so deep, no need to worry there.

Strong team.

9. dylanweber24

Yeah probably not wise to even worry about waivers at the moment. See how the beginning of the season shakes out.

Thanks

10. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I wouldn't worry about your WR's. Torrey will have a big year. I expect Floyd to take over as the #1 guy over fitz this year the late round guys have some upside. If Doug martin gets back to his ways from two years ago your rbs will be good as well.