Drafting Spot 11

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by peterjason, Aug 16, 2017.

1. peterjason

peterjason DP 2018 Premium Member

I have been a long time member but didn't get the month to month this year as I only play a 2 person keeper league. If I cannot post here, I am sorry. Hoping I can post for the month.

In spot 11 with the keepers I anticipate the following possibly available: (play a 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX (WR/RB/TE) no TE required. (XXX)=projected points

WR - DEZ (245), Gronk (223), Brandin Cooks (229), AJ Green (265), Doug Balwin (248)
    Rodgers and Brady
    Demarco M (238)
    Todd Gurley (228)

I live in WI, so I hope for Jordy but don't see it happening. Need the safest option for the most points. My keepers are Shady (1st round) and Ty. Montgomery (15th round).

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

No worries we got you pj.

Green and Dez look real tasty...

How many WR and RB and TE and QB were kept total each? Or do you even know?

3. peterjason

YUP, 2 players are able to be kept. I went through and if the guys are smart they will keep the following: I am keeping Shady at the 11 spot but then pick again at the 14th spot in a snake draft. Feel free to through out some names for the 3/4 round too.

TE's
    M. Bennett (TE) in the 12th

RB's
    Jay Ajay=6th round
    Jordan Howard=13th round
    Melvin Gordon=3rd round
    Ty Montgomery=15th round
    Shady=1st round (this is me I draft at the 11 spot so I thought it was necessary)
    D. Freeman=2nd round (1st pick of 2nd round)
    David Johnson=11th round

WR's
    Tyreek Hill=15th round
    OBJ=2nd round
    Michael Thomas=7th round
    T. Pryor=15th round
    D. Adams=12th round
    A. Brown=1st Round (10th pick overall)
    Tyrell Williams=15th round

QB's
    DAK=15th round

My board shows this: "()" are my guessed keepers
    Player
    David Johnson (11)
    LeVeon Bell
    Antonio Brown (1)
    Julio Jones
    Aaron Rodgers
    Devonta Freeman (3)
    Odell Beckham (2)
    LeSean McCoy (1)
    Jordy Nelson
    Melvin Gordon (4)
    Tom Brady
    Mike Evans
    Michael Thomas (8)
    Jordan Howard (13)
    Rob Gronkowski
    A.J. Green
    DeMarco Murray
    Travis Kelce
    Jay Ajayi (6)
    Todd Gurley
    Jordan Reed
    Greg Olsen
    Doug Baldwin
    Drew Brees
    Dez Bryant
    Ezekiel Elliott (1)
    T.Y. Hilton
    Lamar Miller
    Matt Ryan
    Amari Cooper
    Jimmy Graham
    Leonard Fournette
    Kyle Rudolph
    Bilal Powell
    Isaiah Crowell
    Brandin Cooks
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Mark Ingram
    Marshawn Lynch
    Ty Montgomery (15)

4. peterjason

Also, I would assume all my ADP's go down by 18 as 18 guys are kept. Thoughts?

5. Kurt

You won't know what to do until the day comes when the keepers are identified.

Print your cheat sheets out by position and then prepare to remove the kept players from the sheet.

Then you want to focus your draft based on ADP and Value. Go for the highest value - so long as the ADP is fairly close to where you're looking at taking that player. The "fairly close" gap widens the deeper you go into the draft.

RB is thin this season so keeping 2 puts you at an advantage.

6. peterjason

Thank Kurt. I'll be 95% on the keepers but with the top 12-15 off the board we usually have a ADP 36 go in the 2nd round because that's just the way it falls. I figured that out this year as I have missed on some in waiting to be closer to an ADP. For example Ty Montgomery is an ADP of 37 but in my league he's a 167. Same for the other top 12 o that means we have to take all the others about a round earlier. I am targeting Powell and Reddick in 4/6 rounds normally but more like 3/5 now. Does this make sense or am I off base.

7. Kurt

Sorry wasnt following you. I see your point now and that makes sense.

So I found these sites...

http://www.keepertradecalculator.com

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/blog/2014/07/new-feature-support-for-keeper-league-drafts/

Try the first link for tRade ideas ;)

.. second one cost cash... I'll refund you since we don't have that way awesome feature for keeper league drafts. Will need to work on that for next season!

Full disclosure though, I can't testify for those links as I don't know those guys and have never tried them..

8. Kurt

In regards to Powell and Reddick.. I like them both a ton in PPR leagues. The Jets won't see much red zone this season though so I'd be concerned with the TD upside of Powell. His PPR stats line should be nice though as they play from behind.

As far as when to target a player.. as the draft unfolds I like to "look ahead" and see which starting positions have yet to be filled by the other teams.. this will help you determine when to pull the trigger on particular players. But I'm sure you already do this =)