Driver Hit By Tony Stewart Dies

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by markaz, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I agree. I want to see where Tony's car was at and the angle he took to approach Ward.

I don't think the car in front of him was close enough to block him from seeing the guy.

2. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

You're right, after watching the video again Stewart seemed to have had a couple of seconds to see him. Hard to say really.

Investigators are asking everyone who had been filming on the phones or whatever to send them the video.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

depends on how fast they were going if he had enough time to see him. the car in front had the advantage of no car in front of him to obscure his vision. going 80 you travel 118 feet per second so he may not have had time to react. did the dead racer fake jumping to his right and Stewart swerved to the right on dirt?

4. DaBears22

By the time the blue car passes Ward Jr, the phone pans back really quick and that's when Stewart hits him. The car in front of Stewart is lower on the track than Stewart is when he passes Ward Jr.

I don't know man. Hard to tell but I really hope that Stewart didn't try to hit him.

5. Steve12

The more I see it the more I think he was trying to get as close as possible and rev the engine to put the guy in hid place and it just went wrong.

I definitely don't think he was trying to hit him, but I think Tony is too good and experienced a driver to put a car where he doesn't want it. I think this time it just got a little away from him.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Why is there a investigation if your a dumb duck that got hit by a ducking race car after u just ducking got out of a vehicle that you know is that dangerous ducking natural selection at that point.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I've seen at least 3 people on FB say that Stewart did it on purpose. Perhaps he did. I'll never know. But how can you be so damning of a human being to an evil level when you honestly have no clue?

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could believe that Stewart tried to buzz him and scare the crap out of him and it wound up going wrong. I'd like to believe and highly doubt that Stewart was trying to "run the guy over" literally. Or could Ward try to kick the car or something and then get tangled up?

9. DaBears22

I agree, kind of what I'm thinking after seeing the video a few times.

10. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

^This. No way was it intentional to run him over. Nobody can be that stupid...can they? If the above is true they could have enough for an involuntary manslaughter charge. If he beats that then the family of Ward will take him to court in a wrongful death suit ala OJ.

11. DaBears22

That's kind of what I'm thinking right now of this situation.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

looked to me like the guy stepped right in front of tony stewart.nascar is lucky this has not happened at one of it's races yet.

13. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

maybe they were playing an aggressive game of tag.

14. Steve12

So I'm listening to espn Chicago right now and a couple guys who race sprint cars called in. They said the power steering is basically tied to engine rpm, the rev of the engine you hear is Tony hitting the gas to give some power to the power steering so he could steer around him.

15. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Whether Stewart meant to do it or not, one thing is certain. He's going to have to live with what happened for the rest of his life.

16. Steve12

Brilliant insight.

17. ragman

I think you need to chill and quit being sarcastic and angry.

18. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Unless some better vid shows up, just don't see how anyone (no offense to some of youse guys) can make any determination on intent. All I know for certain is some hot headed fool (sorry he died but you step out on a dirt track that's akin to a highway full of speeding cars you're a fool) put himself in the perfect scenario to get all F'd up or dead.

& no, I don't see Stewart in that snippet making any snap decision to scare some driver. Not on that surface or that speed....

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

The only thing that stops me from condemning Stewart completely is Ward was standing right in the middle of a race course dressed in black in poorly lit conditions. Dead or not, he was a f*cking idiot. Good interview here with Jordan Kuehne (scroll down to video Stewart, Ward wreck a 'black eye for the sport'): http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...-stewart-fatal-track-strike-article-1.1899392

20. ragman

Stewart has already said that he will not race in the Sprint car race this weekend, but hasn't decided about the Sprint Cup race.