Eagles CB Cary Williams Not Looking Forward To Practicing With Patriots, "They're Cheaters"

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Aug 2, 2014.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Later this month, the Eagles will head to Foxboro for a series of joint practices against the Patriots leading up to their preseason game. Last year, the Patriots came to Philly for the same purpose.

Eagles cornerback Cary Williams made it clear Friday that he’s no fan of practicing against other teams, especially the Patriots, the culprits of the “Spygate” scandal.

“They are cheaters,” Williams said. “They are.”

In 2007, the Pats were fined $250,000 by the NFL and docked a 2008 first-round pick for illegally videotaping opponents’ defensive signals. Head coach Bill Belichick, who’s still the head coach, was fined an additional $500,000.

Williams, whose disdain for the Patriots goes back to his days with the arch-rival Ravens and their heated playoff showdown, said there’s no benefit to practicing against other teams, especially a team with New England’s “history.”

“You don’t wanna give any — I don’t care whether it’s the Patriots or it’s the the dang Bengals, whoever it is — you don’t want to give them an opportunity to look at your stuff,” he said. “That’s just me, from a personal standpoint. I don’t want to show none of my cards.

“So to me it’s not benefiting us because they’ve already proven who they are (from Spygate), that’s their history. And I don’t like them, not only because of that, but because I just don’t like them. I played them three of four times in a row [in the playoffs].”

Source: http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/cary-williams-patriots-they-are-cheaters

2. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

lol. I love this stuff.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

he does have a point. I know you more or less have to scrimmage against other teams but why? it is not like you are going to show what you are going to do in the real games. so if you keep it vanilla what is the purpose of scrimmaging? to prove your vanilla is better than someones' vanilla?

4. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

He ain't lying

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

What was that like 7 or 8 years ago? Get over it.