Eagles Move To 9/1 Odds To Win Super Bowl After Acquiring CB Nnamdi Asomugha

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

There defense will get shredded by top notch playcallers. I dont care what people say about the guy, an Offensive Line coach will not be able to call plays for a defense against the likes of Sean Payton and Joe Philbin

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I can pretty much guarantee that it will be a team effort from the coaches on gameday. I also wouldn't be shocked to learn that castillo learned a lot from the great defensive coaches that have been in Philly over time. I doubt the Eagles would have made this move without a plan on how to attack. Just letting him go and make the calls is not realistic at all.

3. Jihad Joe

Thats fantastic and all VS average and lesser playcallers, but when you reach the top level in games like Green Bay and NOLA then its a huge issue........ the two teams that Philly will have to beat in the playoffs. No way an OL coach is calling plays to stop a Payton or Philbin offense. Dont care what assistants help

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I hear ya and understand what you are saying, and with something unknown like this apprehension is natural, but assistant coaches become DC's, OC's and HC's all the time and some actually do well. This is a well respected coach who has coached Olines against Defenses for a long time and I'm sure knows a thing or two about how to attack an Oline. To say, you are sure that he will fail against Payton or Philbin, especially with a pretty talented group of players, is speculative at best and could be construed as what you hope built from jealousy over some signings that you had coveted for your favorite team. I am sure the Eagles understood this going in and have the faith in what he can do. Only time will tell.

5. Jihad Joe

For the record, I didnt want Nnmadi. I didnt want to pay that coin to a 30 year old CB who may hit his decline at any time. Jenkins on the other hand.........

Coaching is one thing, calling play's is something different. If he is the DC on a team with an offensive HC, he is calling play's. No if ands or buts. Do you really like the odds of a definsive coordiantor with no NFL defensive coaching expirience calling play's VS a Sean Payton who's offense by nature nullifies having a shutdown CB?

If it was the Giants having an OL coach call defensive play's VS the Saints or Packers, who are you betting on?

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Sean McDermott.

I'll take my chances with Juan Castillo and his sidekick, Washburn over Sean freaking McDermott.

Fact is, we're freaking loaded on the defensive side of the ball. If Juan puts together a sub par year this year, expect the Eagles to spend big on the best DC available next year.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well put.

Aso and Jenkins and Babin all knew what coaches were on the team when they signed. I'm going to assume these fellas have a better idea on the matter than anyone posting on this site.

8. Jihad Joe

If the Giants had an OL coach calling plays, would you put money on them in a game against NOLA or Green Bay?

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Are we assuming the Giants would have the players on defense the Eagles have? Because aside from a little bit more talent at DE, they aren't even close.

10. Jihad Joe

Much stronger DL and a once you trade Samuel a deeper CB group and much better safety's

All you guys have on them is your top 2 CB's

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

It's probably just as well that the Cowboys didn't get Nnamdi. They have so many question marks, it's foolish to throw all of your money at one guy. Jerry needs to spread his available funds among a safety, a defensive end, and an offensive lineman or two.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

It's not like corner was a huge need in Dallas.

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

No. I think DL and OL are bigger needs.

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Actually in anotjer threas here at GIF i stated that we didn't need asamagha... We had bigger needs... But you got all. These other DC fans acting like the sky ia falling.... I like the way Arthur Blank put it.... Championships arent won in July.... Seriously whens the last time a team went out and signed quite a few atars and then turned around and win the superbowl....

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

15. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

If that was the case then Snyder and Davis would have sniffed the playoffs at least.

16. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I love all the Cowboys fans saying they never wanted Nnamdi. Y'all would have jizzed all over your TV screens if he was wearing the star on his chest. As far as Juan Castillo being the DC and being an offensive guy, Washburn for all intents and purposes will be teaching him the ins and outs of defense. I'd rather have a random Eagle Cheerleader as the DC than McDermott. The man wasted years of being an assistant to one of the greatest defensive minds EVER and when he had the helm moved away from blitzes and tried to play straight up against teams. Our DLine has one of the best rotations in the league and our secondary is second to none at this point. If we move Asanti we still have 2 perennial pro bowlers at DB and have one of the best up and coming Safeties in the league in Nate Allen. If he didn't get hurt last year he's a pro bowler. Our glaring weakness is line backer and if you want to throw over the top to the TE all day long, go nuts. And any play caller isn't going to have a field day against this D. As of right now on paper WITHOUT a DC they're one of the tops in the league. But it doesn't matter what kind of talent you have, we can all talk MAD crap once the season starts and teams start playing. Once the weekend of September 11th hits we can all talk mad crap about how our teams look. Until then it's all speculation and posturing.

17. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Babin tweeted that they (eagles) are the Miami Heat of the NFL... Diea he know that the heat didn't win the title....

sent from my HTC EVO using tapatalk

18. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Someone needs to tell these mother heckers to shut up.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

lol...someone said that here too...

20. Jihad Joe

Didnt say any, I said top playcallers