Eagles One Win Away From A Full-Fledged QB Controversy?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Dec 1, 2007.

1. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

And there's your typical Sweets "everything is McNabb's fault" post. :icon_lol:

Of course the players take part of the blame too, but Smeagle's right, a lot of the game plans and play calls Reid came up with were awful. Andy did a great job setting the groundwork to rebuild the team, but he's just not a very good play caller to take us to the next level.

He's made me vomit on many occasions. It usually starts on the first play of the game when he starts with a shotgun and an empty backfield. :icon_lol:

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Umm, Dawk...I never once mention that mess known as McNabb. This is the Eagle fans now :moe:

3. DawkinsINT

You didn't have to. I knew exactly who you meant. You can't fool me with your thin veiled shots at him. :icon_lol:

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Actually I was talking about the "TEAM" esp. when Smeagle blames Reid for all those games and championships you guys lost out on. You know me better then that, I don't hold back my shots of McNabb at any time esp. thinly veiled ones.

I'll stand up front and center and say...I HATE MCNABB

5. DawkinsINT

You hate McNabb? :icon_eek:

I won't put words in Smeagle's mouth, but I do know for a fact that he doesn't solely blame Andy. He's had problems with many of the players and decisions they've made in those games.

Andy's a huge part of the Eagles problem and right now things are really hitting a head with our growing frustrations of him.

6. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I can tell....

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

oh you can ? really ? well maybe you should go look at those games and tell me why reid wasn't mostly to blame with his gameplans and inability to adjust to game situations as opposed to just making a blanket statement. back up your claim that it's the players keeping in mind that "reid" the "GM" put the team together.

tampa nfcc game - the eagles go up very early by running but quickly abandon the run eventhough our wr's are obviously overmatched. eventually mcnabb toses the game ending pick. - equal blame for reid & mcnabb.

carolina nfcc game - again the eagles show they can easily run the ball down the panthers throat averaging 6yrds a carry but ditch the run in a very close defensive game in bad weather to go to the air when our crap wr's couldn't get off the line of scrimage. - reid mostly to blame.

04 super bowl - closing minutes of the 1st half after new england just scored and will get the ball to start the 2nd half you bring the ball out and need about 25yrds to get into field goal range. you suddenly decide to run the ball the first two plays and instead of trying to pass and save time using your final timeouts if needed but don't call one until there is 10seconds left on the clock and then you run it again.

towards the end of the game you do nothing to install a sense of urgency into your offense and qb and show no annoyance to the fact that you can't even get a freaking play called into the huddle because your o-line just let mcnabb get blind sided on consecutive plays. we lose by 3. reid more to blame with an hornoary metion going to mcpuke.

those are just on the biggest games, countless time we watch reid draft poorly, sign poor free agents on the cheap for the most part and contiunally refuse to adjust his game planning to play to his team's strength's or to what the opposing team give's you. yeah, great coaching.

reid controls everything this team does. he assembled the team, he coaches the team. nothing happens that he doesnt have final say on.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Smeag, my comment "I can tell" was for the last sentence in Dawks post, trust me I love that the Eagle fans are dissatisfied with their Head Coach I love when any NFC team is in totally chaos especially when my team sucks so bad...so keep whinning about Reid, your team, even your fans...I love it!!!:applausec:

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

i guess i have to look at the postivies more. i could be a niners fan right now.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Nah, we don't want you as a 49er fan Smeag, you're not heartless enough for us. When we talk crap it's about the HC, the QB the Oline and Offensive coordinator, take notes when a heartless spot opens up on the 49er fan side we'll have our people contact you.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

and i wasn't offering to be one.

you fans talk crap about everything ? that's because niner fans only know how to aimlessly whine like babies about anything and everything. what else do you expect from tree huggers though.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm not a whiner nor a tree hugger...you totally missed my sarcasm about the fans of my own team...oh well, I know Dawk will get it

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

yes, you are and you suck at sarcasm.

/sarcasm

14. DawkinsINT

I can't imagine how bad it would be if you guys got McNabb. :icon_mrgreen:

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Soooooooo....Reid controls the team...calls the plays...decides game plans...mows the grbutt...passes the passes...makes the blocks...runs the ball....makes the tackles...makes the interceptions....runs back the kicks....etc...etc....etc....

/sarcasm

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

you forgot cleans out mcdonalds on a daily basis doug.

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Dawk, sure you can....he'd be good enough for some of the 49er fans up until November.....AGAIN...but then we'd blame him, the Oline, the offensive coordinator and the HC because he can't throw and blames his WR's but only AFTER they leave the team.

And eats all the cheese steaks within a 20 mile radius of the stadium...yep Doug, Reid is everything wrong with the Philadelphia Eagles, guess he should have only stayed there 6 years....

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

so i see we allow trolling in the discussion forums here. must be a hippie rule.