Eagles QB Kevin Kolb Wants His Chance To Start

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Jan 31, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Kevin Kolb says he is trying to avoid the talk about the quarterback situation with the Eagles as much as he can, but his view on the situation is clear. "I want to be a starter in the NFL," Kolb told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "That's my No. 1 goal right now. I want that opportunity. But I'm going to be a team player. I trust (coach) Andy (Reid). I trust his decisions and his ability to see what's in the future and plan out my career the right way. Hopefully, we'll do those things to get me on the field at some point, not knowing when it's going to be." Kolb said he has not spoken with Reid about the situation since the season ended. Kolb started two games when Donovan McNabb was injured, posting back-to-back 300-yard games and then did not play the rest of the season. "It was tough, because I really felt like this year was the best as a player I've ever been," Kolb said. "Coming out of the preseason and having those [regular-season] games for some momentum and finding my groove at this level, I felt like I could have been a good, consistent starter and wanted to face that challenge. At the same time, Donovan had an unbelievable year. He was very consistent this year, and we went 11-5. I see both sides; I always have. I'm always a team player first. At the same time, I wish I could have been out there."

Source: Philadelphia Daily News