Eagles QB Kevin Kolb Wants To Start In 2011

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Kevin Kolb isn’t one for ultimatums – he handled his demotion this season with class – but the backup quarterback wants out if the Eagles plan on bringing Michael Vick back as their starting quarterback, a source close to the situation said. Kolb wants to start and whether that’s for the Eagles or not, he will let coach Andy Reid know that during a scheduled Monday meeting. The 26-year-old has been the Eagles' backup for most of four seasons. Asked what would be a best-case scenario for next season, Kolb said, “To start.†“I love it here, as everybody knows,†Kolb said after the Eagles’ 21-16 playoff loss to the Packers. “My family’s settled in here. I would love to be starting here. But I want to be starting somewhere.†Kolb was then asked if could take another season in Philadelphia as the backup. “I can’t answer that question,†he said. The Eagles gave him a one-year extension and an $11 million bonus last April after they traded away Donovan McNabb and gave him the starting job, but he’s slated to earn only $1.4 million next season, which is a very low sum for a backup.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2011
  2. kenman923

kenman923 Rookie

I could see Kolb landing in Tennessee or Minnesota.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

and phigles wanted a rainbow colored unicorn for christmas ............. sometimes you don't get what you want ..............

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

We're trading away one of our QBs... and I gotta assume it's Kolb, given that a team ponies up what Andy and Howie can live with (which I assume is a first rounder).

Kolb got hosed in how the year went down.

5. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Be nice to have a wco andy reid qb in SF....but they are asking a lot for him.

6. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I don't think Kolb is going to be a starter next year because I think hes going to be sitting on the bench behind Vick. If he does get traded a team is going to be giving up a lot to get him.

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

He'll have to start somewhere else then, but like I've been saying all along no one is giving up a 1st round pick for him. I do think he will end up being a quality starter if given the chance though.

8. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

If a team is willing to give up a 2nd and a 5th, I think the Eagles would take the deal, assuming they can extend Vick.

9. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

That's very possible.