Eagles QB Michael Vick Still Most Disliked Athlete

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomvanri...iked-athletes/

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Not surprising. Face it. No matter what, there are some people out there who are NEVER going to forgive Michael Vick for what he did.

4. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

There are much worse guys in the league than him that do way stupider crap. Donte Stallworth killed a guy for gods sake. Vick is just the biggest name attached to doing bad thingsnso people latch on to him. Polls like this don't mean anything.

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Vick intentionally tortured and slaughtered animals for multiple years for PLEASURE, Not a brief drunken mistake. Stallworth didn't set out to kill, Vick did.

Vick has set the benchmark of scum amongst the active players in the NFL, and deserves the top spot.

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

This.

Well put.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

there will always be the debate about taking an animals life vs. a person but andy is dead on like others that have said the same thing in the past when it comes to the stalworth comparison.

vick has paid his debt to society but it doesn't mean the public will forgive or forget. that's his problem.

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

I'm sure those paychecks go a long way in helping get over the 'pain' from some not liking him.

9. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Old news. Who gives a heck. How about someone boycott Stallworth for killing a dude.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Dude was J walking.

11. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Vick will never be forgiven for what he did to those poor dogs. As for taking a humans life vs an animals life, very interesting debate topic.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

it is an interesting debate but thew stallworth comparision is about as weak as it gets.

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

and i think these polls only allow 'current' athletes ............. otherwise, wouldn't O.J. Simpson win the award every year if it was current and retired athletes?

14. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

IMO, hands down.

15. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Really you're going to say killing a man driving drunk is not as big an offense as killing dogs. I don't care if it was on purpose or not it should go Stallworth than Vick.

16. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The dude was J walking.

17. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Right J Walking is an excuse for driving drunk and hitting a dude. Anybody who wasn't drunk wouldn't of hit him and wouldn't of killed him so why make excuses?

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Since you love to debate how can you argue against accidental and premeditated? For argument sake lets just say it takes 10 dogs to equal one person, Vick probably killed at least 30-50 dogs. That's 3-5 people he planned on killing, is that the same as accidentally killing someone once who was breaking the law himself? And you have no idea if someone would have hit him if he wasn't j walking. Trust me papa, I've almost hit people who were j walking because down here people think the own the road, and unless you know what it's like to drive in south Florida with people running across the street with traffic coming, I doubt you know how easy it really is to hit someone.

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

drags ... if you want to debate the tragedy of the american justice system you may be better served to use leonard little or as mentioned earlier oj simpson.

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i forgave Michael Vick the day he stepped out of prison, after serving his time for the crime. Same with Plaxico and any other person in this society who hecks up and serves their time ........ well, except for pedophiles, rapists and serial killers, who cannot be reformed--it's a proven fact--they should all be locked up forever with no chance for parole.