Eagles QB Michael Vick Still Most Disliked Athlete

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Sweets, Feb 10, 2012.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Ray Ray will always be at the top of this list for me. Rapey is #2. Lewis was involved in 2 murders and got it pleaded down to one misdemeanor obstruction charge for making a false/incomplete statement after the incident. If he didn't stab them he sure as heck knew what happened and protected the other two involved. He showed no legit regret for what happened, paid the families and agreed to testify against his codefendants but provided nothing incriminating against his buddies.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  2. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Yes......but he found God.

3. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Nobody convicted Kobe and in fact he's not in the news anymore. Nobody convicted Big Ben even though there was much more evidence. Nobody convicted Vick until he was proven guilty. Nobody convicted MJ even though he probably did it. People defend Casey Anthony even though I am POSITIVE she did it since she admitted to it.

And the list goes on. If you think your guilty until proven innocent in this country, go to any other country and see how it is.

4. Dragonite

An 18 wheeler is a BIT different to drive than a car or truck or SUV. Trust me if your in a car you can swerve around the person as long as you look to make sure nobody else is in the sidewalk or other lane. I'm sure he could have avoided the guy pretty easily actually.

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

And you're so sure because you were there when it happened?

6. bossco

bossco Rookie

I have fought for this country and I'm telling you that's the way most people see it. You are guilty until proven innocent. Go ask a lawyer it is easier to prove some one is guilty then it is to prove they are innocent.

Droid x. 49ers

7. Dragonite

I read the report. Tell me what in there makes you think it was unavoidable?

8. Dragonite

My fiancee is trying to become a lawyer, many in her family are. It is pretty easy to prove someone innocent if you know what you are doing. In fact the court system makes it way to easy to prove people innocent. To prove someone innocent you simply need to cast DOUBT. You don't even have to prove their innocence.

The PEOPLE of America don't know what they are talking about. They are sheep. They follow what they are told. They are told that the court system is flawed and you are guilty without a true trial. This is false. If you don't believe that you don't pay attention to the reality of the system. I don't understand how people truly believe this.

9. Dragonite

I am not saying the courts are not flawed. They are, but I am saying that if you don't believe in "innocent until proven guilty" please go ANYWHERE else in the WORLD and check out their court systems.

10. bossco

bossco Rookie

Your correct but I'm talking more in the eyes of the public. The media takes a story and runs with it. And I have been to other countries and have seen there "system" and can tell you that in America the "system" is the best for lots of reasons especially for certain groups. Lets face it Bryant got a lot more bad press for his scandal then big Ben.

Droid x. 49ers

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  11. smeags

smeags militant geek

as bosco said he was speacking of public opinion. how you didn't grasp that is beyond me but whatever.

anyway, unfortunately the justice system in this country was set up 236yrs ago and is truely out dated in certain aspects today. it served a great purpose at the time but now eventhough you have damming proof of someone's guilt they can get off because the search warrant didn't include the closet where the cops found the smoking gun and the video tape of the guilty party commiting the crime. and please don't give me that "the cops should've done a better job" crap either. evidence is evidence.

again though, why do you keep harping on stalworth ? why not leonard little ? who again showed not one bit of freaking remorse. ray lewis ? who got off BECAUSE OF THE SYSTEM. are you mad because stalworth was a saint at one time ? why are you so focused on him ?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  12. Dragonite

I am focused on Stalworth because he is the one people forgive. People still snitch about Ray Lewis every god **mn day, I once got yelled at when I was 13 for cheering a Ray Lewis tackle because "you don't cheer murderers". Nobody gives a heck that Stalworth killed a man and it pisses me off because even if you dont think he should be ahead of Vick, and whatever thats your belief, he should be on the list above people ahead of him who did nothing that bad. As should Ray Lewis.

13. Dragonite

This is true in media coverage but in the eyes of the fans Big Ben got treated a lot worse. At least on all the sports boards I checked out, most people on them were saying give Kobe a chance. When Ben's 2nd scandal came to light they were already crucifying him and wishing him well in jail.

What the public thinks means nothing anymore. They think only what they are told, they are completely incapable of making a decision of their own.

14. markaz

Sorry to butt in here, but I wanted to post an excerpt of an account of the accident that was caught on Florida Power & Light's video camera. This excerpt can be found here: Summer Briefs 2009

"The video depicts Mr. Reyes darting out from behind a palm tree across the Macarthur Causeway towards a bus stop located on the westbound side of the causeway. As Mr. Reyes darted out across the roadway, he was 10-15 feet east of the crosswalk. The traffic control device facing the direction Mr. Reyes came from was red. The bend in the eastbound flow of the Macarthur Causeway immediately approaching the Terminal Isle intersection allows for very little reaction time. Stallworth was in the far left lane as he approached this bend. As he approached the intersection, he had a green light and his vehicle abutted a barrier wall on the left and Mr. Reyes darted out from his right. As such, Stallworth had limited time and maneuverability to react to Mr. Reyes."

Just sayin'.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

who has said they forgave stalworth ? :dunno:

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

this is the part that changed my mind on the stalworth situation. not that i gave him a pass but this was as much the pedestrians fault as anyone's.

17. Dragonite

Alright, the barrier wall thing and coming around a corner was never mentioned in ANYTHING I read which actually shocks me.

As for why I said Stalworth has been forgiven. Hes not even on the list, thats a sign. People like Alex Ovechkin are on that list, what has he ever done?

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

personally, i think the continued hatred of Vick comes from the fact that our values are out of whack and many people in modern society value animals' lives more than human life.

we all know people like this that will readily admit "i like animals more than humans" and all of their hatred of the human species can be micro-focused on someone who abuses or kills animals.

and i think there are more of these people than we imagine.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I work with animals, I love dogs. I am one of those who would put the value of an animal over that of certain humans, not all. I don't like Vick because he only said sorry because he got caught. I just can't take his regret as serious in a sense that if nothing was done to him, he would still be doing what he did. He did serve his time and I do respect him for that, but it comes back to if he didn't get caught, he would still be doing all the terrible crap he did and have no regrets. Even in his apology speech when it first happened, IMO he looked like a serial killer saying sorry with crocodile tears. It's the same reason why I don't like guys like Little. Those who really show no remorse except for getting caught.

20. markaz

You're right. It's a sign of human nature. It's a sign that we're programmed to expect complete denial of any wrongdoing by pro athletes who commit a crime or some infraction. It's a sign that when a pro athlete accepts ownership of his/her actions and demonstrates genuine contrition that we have the capability to forgive that person. Couple that with the victim's accountability and the pro athlete doesn't make the list.

Alex Ovechkin.....what's he ever done? You have got to be kidding. There's just no debating why Ovechkin is on the list. Big difference between him and Stallworth is that every single attempt to physically assault a player is intentional....and he doesn't give a heck. Here's a little sample: Ovechkin