Eagles Release Tony Hunt

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by ball in the baskett, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Who they going with at FB?

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Klecko

4. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

White's a good ST guy, but he's not good on defence.

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Not a big shocker after Klecko was moved back to FB. As a Penn State fan I was really hoping Hunt would work out.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

hunt was garbage, he never could block and never ran with the force. we won't miss him

7. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Yeah writing was on the wall for Hunt since they got Booker and openly admitted they wanted Booker more... Now the only question that remains to be seen is why the hell did they want Booker?

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Oh noes... I guess that was a failed 3rd Round Pick.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

great, so we wasted a 3rd round pick on hunt and then wasted another pick on booker who sucks himself. then we won't give up a 3rd round pick for gonzalez who doesn't suck just so we can use that pick for another guy that will suck.

heck you reid, heck you with a tree trunk.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

11. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

Geez, dude. You need to stop beating around the bush and just say what you mean. Are you not happy with Reid or what?

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

bigsexy and dawk have known me for several years on the MB's and i'm sure they'll tell you that i was not always like this. in fact i have been called a homer over the reid era more than anything. i honestly don't see myself as either a homer or a hater, i'm a realist. i have defended reid and the front office many, many times when i felt they should've been but i also called them out on things i disagreed with them on.

i am to a point now though that i see them for what they are. do i think reid sucks as a HC/GM ? no, but to me reid has taken this team as far as he can. do i think the front office sucks ? no but i beleive they are, like reid, too arrogant for their own good and just as stubborn.

i hear this peddle to the metal nonsense from lurie and see zero evidence of it. then i hear this weasel banner going on & on about how they have to be smart cap wise and think it's stupid to pay big bucks and use picks to better the team when we haven't won a championship and are $19mil under the cap right now and a projected $40mil under cap for next year with 46 players under contract.

i'm just frustrated as a lifelong fan who has dedicated so much to this franchise and feel the front office constantly looks down on the fansbase and only cares about the bottom line.

it's taken me a long time to get to this point, all the way from the beginning of the lurie era. i just want to see proof that they are actually trying to win it all as opposed to simply staying competitve while being overly fiscally sound.