Eagles Slap LJ In The Mouth With The Franchise Tag

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by eaglesrule4ever, Feb 7, 2008.

1. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

Eagles tag him i think its a good move he is gonna be healthy i thin he will be productive him and brent celek make a good one-two combination.

2. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

That's a good move for the EAGLES

3. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I was sortve hoping he wouldnt be in the NFC East anymore.. but good move by the Eagles.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hopefully his last season for us will be the type we always thought he could have.

No injuries or fumbles please.

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Smeagle called it. And here's to that, Dawk. Although the injury bug never seems to miss our team.

6. DawkinsINT

Hamlin's got the gay? Figures.

7. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

That explains the pink triangle patch.

8. DawkinsINT

Burnout nailed it on both ends. Burrell has been ripped into for years by Phillies fans, well...the male ones anyway. Eagles fans have been down on LJ too. He hasn't lived up to his potential and he fumbles too much. Putting the franchise tag on him in the current situation makes sense though. Celek isn't ready yet and LJ can be very productive.

9. DawkinsINT

I've given up on regular radio too. I have XM. I occasionally check out 950 though.

I'm not sure if he will be gone or not. It will depend on what he does and what type of deal he'll be looking for as well as prospective replacements.

We have a Phillies thread by the way. Here.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...I have zero problems with the Eagles putting the tag on LJ. He's the best current option for the team to have a player who could possibly have a good season for them next year.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree that he may be the best available option out there, but I don't feel he's worth 4.7 million...that's just my feeling. I'd rather see them yank the tag, sign a little "lesser" tight end and get a nice WR in there. But if they can keep LJ and get that nice WR at the same time...more power.

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

so you think smith hasn't been productive ? really ? so now when a te averages 50catches a 3 year span before is not productive ???

:icon_eek: