Eagles Trade QB Donovan McNabb To The Redskins

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Apr 4, 2010.

1. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

Welcome back to the basement of the division. :icon_cheesygrin:

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

heck the eagles orginization all its owners and everyone inloved in this trade

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

GJDMQYB says MUHAhaaha... one down, one to go.

4. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

:icon_smile:
    Exactly.....hey what happened to your Taylor Mays signature have you jumped off his band wagon.:icon_cheesygrin::icon_smile:

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

hey were you one of the fans after the playoffs that wanted McNabb ran out of town.:icon_rolleyes:

5. KISSman

KISSman QB Expert

BTW, he called him about the possibility of going to the Redskins. He has yet to talk about him post-trade. Fatty is heartless.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

In a weak NFC this trade makes the Skins a WC contender. I dont see anything more than that. Much better situation than Oakland, but its still a bad team, and a team that has been bad, and a team that has been over .500 once in the past four years.

The Eagles are still very much a playoff contender, and a Division contender. Too count them out of that would be foolish. And I would still rate them higher than Washington right now. However, in a very, very strong draft, that pick is gonna net them first round value. That 37th this year is gonna get them a player about as good as they would have gotten at 20 last year. With a solid young core already in place, they really helped themselves load up for the Kolb era. They could put a better team around him now then McNabb ever had.

Winners:
    Redskins 2010 season ticket holders
    Giants
    Cowboys
    Eagles future

Loser's:
    Eagles 2010 season ticket holders
    Redskins future
    Donavon McNabb

2 people like this.
  7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

great post JJ, riic

8. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

What a mess, and yes, I'm looking forward to more Vick snaps.

9. 3rdStoneFromTheSun

3rdStoneFromTheSun Truth Hurts Like Freedom

Donovan McNabb IS A Washington Redskin

10. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i totally forgot about Vick :laughpound:

can you say "Wildcat"?

11. Jihad Joe

Redskins HAVE to draft Okung now, or at least sign Flo

Trade would be an absolute waste if they dont

Donovan + Demarcus Ware(2) + Justin Tuck(2) + Trent Cole(2) - viable LT = Failure........for you math whizz's

12. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

nice post JJ

13. 1usctrojan

1usctrojan Guest

Huh? I've had this sig since day one. Shut you mouth with the bandwagon crap, I'm a die hard Trojan for almost 40 years, and I think Taylor is a great kid and a gorgeous physical specimen, lol. The kid is an Adonis.

14. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Flozell will be 35 in May. Seems about right.

15. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I'm in shear delight that McNabb hasn't gone to us :icon_cheesygrin:

Now, on the actual deal, I don't think there is an outright winner, but what it's shown is that the Eagles organization has finally grown tired of being the bridesmaid. Donovan wasn't going to take them over the top and at 33 (almost 34), it's only a matter of time he regresses; and for a high second round and a future third/fourth rounder, that is decent value for maybe two years of quality production. Additionally, I don't think this does a great amount for the Redskins, it just smacks of desperation and just another high profile, veteran Snyder-esque acquisition that probably won't elevate them any further than 3rd in the NFC East.

So the Kolb era begins. Boom or Bust is a huge factor here, but Eagle fans should be happy, they are finally showing ambition.

1 person likes this.
  16. Jihad Joe

Adams can still get the job done. Not a Pro Bowler ever week, but he can shut down anyone. There isnt a pass rusher in the NFC East aside form Ware that hasnt been shut down by Adams, and Im sure he is familiar with Ware. For that reason he may be better LT option right now than Okung. They should still draft Okung and stick him on the right

Put McNabb on that team and protect him with Flo and Okung, and then Im ready to call them contenders

17. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

They remind me of the mid/late 90's Orioles: convinced that they are only one or 2 players away they keep trading/signing a few older guys a year until eventually they realize they are just a bad/old team. Real short window for them if they're gonna make a run. Joe Horn and Isaac Bruce are available.

1 person likes this.
  18. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

why? the eagles have too many holes to make a super bowl run. so get what you can before he walks in 2011.

19. Jihad Joe

Sean Gilbert is ready to go

20. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

I knew from the day Vick came to the Eagles that Mcnabb was HISTORY... Vick has way to much potential even after being away fron the game for 2 years, to not Trade Mcnabb and rebuild for the future. Vick will be the Starter because there is NO WAY in Hell Kolb will beat out Mike Vick "NOW"