Eagles Very Interested In Free Agent CB Nnamdi Asomugha?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 12, 2011.

1. CSN Philadelphia reports that free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is atop the Eagles' "offseason priority list." Eagles' fans have to like the sound of that. Asomugha will be the top defensive player on the market this offseason, and Philadelphia really needs some help in the secondary. Of course, Asomugha will likely draw interest from many teams, meaning he could escape the Eagles' price range.

Source: RotoTimes

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2011
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

id be so mad if they landed samuel, peters and nnamdi in a row

3. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Eh...I suppose he would do but personally I was looking forward to seeing what Dimitri Patterson was capable of in his 2nd year a starter.

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Do not want.

5. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I want the Gmen to land him shut off one side of the field completely our Secondary was solid this year Nnamdi would be a great addition, I hope the christ the eagles don't land him.

6. The G-Men never.....never had a corner that made opposing quarterbacks shying away from his side like Nnamdi.

The Giants could have the league's best defense in 2011 with Nnamdi along with our fierce pass rush. I would have him on the left side and let C-Web and T2 battle it out for the right corner spot with the loser being the nickel.....which isn't a bad thing since Nickelbacks are like starters in this day of age.

Draft someone like Akeem Ayers to address issues at linebacker and we can certainly be a force to be reckoned with.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Words can't even describe the boner I would have... like Phigles, I too like what I have seen at times from Patterson, but he has had great games and games where he just got destroyed. I'd rather shell out the big bucks and have a known shutdown corner opposite of Samuel. That'd probably put us at 20 million a year at the corner position, but that would be one of the sickest set of CBs to ever play together.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Plus if you have Nnamdi and Samuel on the outside, you'll see alot of Patterson lol because quarterbacks will be trying to attack him in the middle all game long.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Too bad for the Eagles, I called dibs already.

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

the eagles wanted to get him last year but a deal couldnt get worked out. this would be a an easier way to help the lousy pass defense but the eagles still need to get a stud in the midddle of the line.

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

If we had a consistent pass rush throughout the season, we wouldn't need to spend big $$$ on DB. But we aren't, and getting a proven cornerback will help the d-line.

One or the other needs to get upgraded, and Nnamdi has no question mark attached to him. He is legit, and a top player in this league.

Every team in the league wants him and is going to throw ridiculous cash at him, so he'll probably go wherever he really wants to be.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed so if they sign nnamdi they could go DT in the draft and hopefully not get something better than the average players thay have been getting.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Patterson "Potential" vs. Nnamdi...

lmao...

14. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I'm not getting caught up in this pipe dream.

15. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i hope he plays the rival card :drevil:

16. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

So you got the joke then?

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

It's good forethought on your part. I got all stoked about Peppers, too.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

didn't you say the same about owens ?

seriously though, it's 1/13 - what else do we have but pipedreams as our team once again doesn't win the lombardi ?

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I hear ya about the Lombardi thing. I just try to block out things like this knowing that it usually ends in disappointment.

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah...as usual, a bad one.

The Eagles have made a splash in recent years signing the big names...no reason to think they aren't serious "contenders" here...