Eagles Will Try To Trade QB Michael Vick?

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Sep 29, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Michael Vick said he expected to be a starting quarterback when he reentered the NFL. Pat Kirwan writes about some of the quarterback situations around the league, "I think he's right, but I don't really see him as a fit in Philadelphia after watching Kevin Kolb for the past two weeks." The return of Donovan McNabb, as well as having Jeff Garcia under contract, makes Vick a guy to consider trading. He saw limited duty in his first real game and he will get better with more work, but his contract next year probably means he will not be an Eagle after 2009.

Source: NFL.com

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

i thought this from the get go.

hello ? hey bill, how are things in sunny miami these days ?

3. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

That lowlife should be greatful he's in the NFL period much less being so arrogant to think he has starter capabilities.
    If it was up to me he wouldn't be in the NFL, among a bunch of other lowlife players.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, the eagles are going to have to figure out how to showcase him later in the year (and make him look good) if they expect to get anything worthwhile out of a trade. He's a long way from being ready to be a legitimate starter in this league

5. Chubz

Chubz 1st Stringer

He's not going to be traded

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

and you think this why chubz ?

7. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

get out of here with this crap. Sure what he did was bad, but he served his time, he paid his debt to society. It's done, it's over with, at least he didn't kill a man and only serve 30 days.

8. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

I think it would be smart for them to trade him too. He will never be the fulltime starter nor should he be. He isn't the same runner and he was never a good passer. Sign him cheap then make someone overpay for him because of his name. Good plan if you ask me.

9. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Until the next incident. Sports players like Vick tarnish sports in general.
    How many jobs do you know of that require a background check now a days before they hire you? And that's in "private" industry. Not to mention drugs tests. I agree with the punishment has been "paid" part but in todays world one is punished for your entire life and Vick isn't a "first offender" he's a slimeball aka Ron Mexico flipping off fans ect as well as a pot smoker.
    One felony and one is banned from the 2nd amendment for life and that's a right in our constitution, playing in the NFL isn't.

I have freinds that sometimes I ask hey aren't you going to watch the "game"? They reply why it's just s bunch of thugs/druggies that think they can break the law just because they have money. OR they're just idiots that have it made then heck it all up and want sympathy after the fact then do it again.

This is why guys like Vick are bad for sports.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Yea.......No.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Who besides Al Davis would be dumb enough to trade for such bad PR and a horrible QB?

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

someone will, beleive me. if not this year in the off season. either that or we cut him because there is no chance in hell the eagles will pay him what he is due next season.

maybe you should stop directing your anger at the individual and point it towards the governing bodies of the leagues that keep letting these dirtbags in the game ??

12. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

smeagle you have no idea how much I despise Goodell. Yes he is a major part of the problem not to mention all the ludicrous fines he hands out each week, but that's another story. I realize some idolize Vick and that's their right but there's no way in hell I would let or want that scum at,near or in my home.

Ricky Williams is another good example.

13. smeags

smeags militant geek

well i can understand your point on vick but ricky williams ? all the guy did was smoke pot and lose millions in doing so. he hurt himself.

14. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

As well as tarnished the NFL. He has one hell of a reputation now. Didn't he get busted for weed in college too?

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

We should be praising people who smoke weed in defiance of a ridiculous law that is costing us billions each year.

He's sacrifice will eventually help us all.

1 person likes this.
  16. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

There are many ludicrous laws out there. Many that I disagree with but one can still get into serious trouble by breaking them no matter how much we disagree with them.

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Not arguing that point, just saying Ricky is a good guy that I think represents the NFL in a positive manner.

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_eek:

19. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Yea me too...:icon_eek:

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

tarnished the nfl ? he smoked weed, he didnt rape, steal, kill or even get caught driving with it. the rules are what they are but he felt he wanted to still enjoy a puff or two. he lost out bigtime for the decision.

i am not discounting your point totally, i just think you could point out plenty of other buttholes that have done far worse.

i think you have been smoking with ricky. :icon_smile: