Embarrassing Eagles Are Now Done

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Nov 13, 2011.

1. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

This team can't maintain the status quo. Someone has to be held accountable for this season. The Eagles fan base will demand it. And they should. Shouldn't they?

2. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Pretty sure that if there are any changes, this will be what happens.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

since when has the eagles front office cared about what the fans think ?

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Howard Mudd and his scheme has been out-freaking-standing for this team. So underrated what impact he has had.

-Shady killed it this season (a direct result of the OL run blocking). He would have killed it even more if the coaches stuck with the run game every Sunday. There were a few games where we just abandoned the run (Reid going back to his old ways), but I was pleasantly surprised at how many touches they gave to McCoy most weeks.

-OL protection has been very very good after the first 4 weeks or so. Vick's scrambling and holding on to the ball for far too long makes them look much worse than they are. Vince Young, while he is total crap, had all damn day to sit in the pocket and deliver throws.

If Castillo is let go of DC responsibilities, he can go to equipment manager for all I care. Mudd has had a huge impact on this team. Just ask Shady. He gives some love to Mudd after every big play or TD.

I'm very excited for 2012 as well.

Castillo and the 4th quarter D collapses will get blamed for most of the losses this season, but Vick should shoulder a bunch of the blame. He was terribly inconsistent, turned the ball over far too many times, and never once brought us back for a game winning drive after the D allowed the opposition to take the lead in the 4th. Every single game he had an opportunity, and he didn't bring us back even once.

Vick needs to get back to 2010 form in 2012. The defense is clearly a critical piece that needs to mature and progress, but if Vick can't do what he needs to do it doesn't matter.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I understand you're bitter. We all are.

But don't act like the FO doesn't give a crap. They want out and had a ridiculous FA period and what turned out to be a pretty good draft. They spent just about as much money as they could to put a quality team on the field. Clearly they missed a few critical pieces, but it's not like they don't give a heck.

6. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

The 49ers game stands out in my mind the most this year. We were doing so good in the first half we were killing them just to have the defense collapse. Same in the falcons and first giants game defense colapsed towards the end. i think its 60 percent castillos fault. 30 percent andy for being dumb enough to hire him as a D cordinator and 10% vick dident help us with the turnovers and him getting hurt all the time.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

c'mon bro, i know you want to be the optimist here but you totally missed what i responded to. i didn't say the front office doesnt care about winning. i said this front office does not give two craps what the fans think therefore reid will be back.

good draft ? really ? that's a big stretch but you're entitled to your opinion. i'd say below average draft to this point.

free agency - spending money doesn't mean crap if you do not spend it wisely. if the front office gave a crap about the fans they would've listened and signed a decent LB or two. they would've re-signed desean instead of bringing in steve smith.

they also would've brought in a REAL dc instead of an o-line coach with zero experience.

but yeah, they care what the fans think.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  8. ball in the baskett

idk if i was a owner of a nfl team i wouldent listen to the fans either i would do what i think is good for the team.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

even when the fans are right ? thats brilliant.

- the fans begged for better wr's for years before TO was brought in

- the fans screamed for reid to use the run more/better in his gameplans

- the fan have screamed for better lb's

- the fans pleaded with the team to keep dawkins

thats just four examples.

what do you think may have happened if the front office listened to the fans ?

this fanbase while loud and obnoxious at times is very very smart and knows the game of football.

10. ball in the baskett

You are right but but im saying from a owners persepective i wouldent let fans dictate what i do not defending there decisions

11. smeags

smeags militant geek

its not about letting the fans dictate, that's to the other extreme but don't tell me you dont feel the arrogance that comes out of the nova care center where it seems the team acts like they are smarter then everyone else.

to prove i'm not just ranting and that the team should just let the fans run the team i iwll give you one instance where i think the front office was right not to listen to the fanbase, when people were screaming for the team to get rid of mcnabb in '06. i think they were 100% right to keep him until they did and probably got the best deal they could've for him.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

also, let me add that i don't place jeff lurie in this dicussion. i aim my angst at that weasel banner. to me lurie is a very good owner.

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

1. I'll give you the WR's thing. They didn't want to pay for WR's and it would have been nearly impossible to get anyone in here that wasn't great. They brought in TO and got burned. They brought in Kevin Curtis who played decently when he wasn't broken. Now we have Maclin who has proven he's a stud when he's on and some potential for the future. Maybe even Jackson won't be a snitch and will resign but I HIGHLY doubt it. I'll give you this one.

2. In 2001-2005 it was 80-20 Pass/Run. Now it's about 60/40. Reid has gotten MUCH better at this but needs to understand the whole run in the red zone thing.

3. Again, we have talented LB's. But they all super under perform. Jamar Cheyney, Brian Rolle and Akeem Jordan are MEGA talented. Issue is our DC is an offensive guy. They completely over valued Matthews which hecked us but yes, we need a STUD Lb in the middle to run that D on the field.

4. Dawkins signed with the Broncos before the team was able to make an offer in what he wanted. Dawkins bolted and didn't look back. There was NO WAY that the Eagles should have matched the contract the Broncos gave him. Not this teams fault in any way.

5. Don't call this fan base "intelligent." They booed McNabb when the team didn't draft Ricky Williams instead and then had the gaul to continue to boo him. Without McNabb this team wouldn't have been nearly as good as they were with him. If he had retired after last season you could argue for a HOF bid in the future. The Vikings/Redskins fiasco assured that'll never happen. But this fan base for the most part, not including most of us on the board as giant dipcraps. It's proven by those who say Juan Castillo should be a ball boy. He's helped a TON with this Oline. Unfortunately he's not a defensive guy

This off season they went out and signed guys to sure up a defense that was ABYSMAL last year. Aso sucked b/c he was misused but Babin and Cole have been COMPLETE STUDS. This D, if used correctly could have been one of the best in the NFL. Let's wait until next Christmas and then revisit this whole conversation and see where we are.

14. ball in the baskett

Another is when fans wanted ricky williams over mcnabb. I guess they are a bit arrogant because of there win percentage since around 2000 so they think they know what there doing.

15. smeags

smeags militant geek

there's so much wrong with this post.

maclin isnt the same wr he is without jackosn on the field. call jackson a snitch all you want and it's warranted to a point but the eagles roded him over. how do you tell a diva that you'll get a new deal done if the guy comes to camp and then when he does you spend $4mil on steve smith instead of even talking to the agent ? how do you expect anything different than you got from jackson attitude wise ? didnt they learn from TO ?

btw - jackson leads the team in receiving yards for the forth straight season. he and maclin are a perfect pairing along with avant.

huh - the pass/run ration was never 80/20. ever. it was bad but not that bad. his ratio has gotten better but he still has issues when he runs and doesn't. how much longer do we have to wait for him to get it right ?

:laughy32::laughy32::laughy32:mega talented ? holy freaking crap.

wrong, they did make an offer, even banner has stated so, it was laughable and dawkins said the way the team went about things was insulting (something westbrook, trotter and others have agreed with) so when he got an offer from the broncos he did not give the eagles another chance to talk to him.
    wow, you bring up 30 dipcraps and act as if they are represenative of a million people. you sound like a typical national media person that has no idea what goes on in this city. mcnabb for most of his career was treated fine here.he didn't get treated any differently then any other athlete here that continually choked in big situations. castillo looked great as an oline coach when he had guys like runyan, thomas & pre-coco andrews. the oline struggled bigtime after that including last year. mudd wouldve gotten much more out of last years group just like he has with these guys. but again you want to paint the fanbase as whole as dipcraps based on a caller on WIP while you call the team's LB's mega talented and claim the pass/run ratio was 80/20.

abysmal ? they were ranked 12th overall last year, they are currently ranked 8th. they still have the same redzone issues that killed them last year. yeah they got talent and misused it but hey they'll get it right eventually so i should just shut up.

see, every god **mn year this is the type of discussion we have because the season ends on a sour note. how much freaking longer do we have to wait for this crew to get it right ? am i being impatient because after 13 god **mn years i'm fed up ?

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

again with these 30 fans. :laughy32:

most wanted a qb because we had duce staley already.

great the eagles are the regular season champs since 2000. thats why they play the games right ?

17. ball in the baskett

No but i wouldent down play it that we have been a pretty good team just havent been able to win the big one. Something has to put this team over the hump eventually and idk if firing andy is whats gonna do it. I was on board with firing andy earlier this year but i was just pissed that we were losing. Give andy one last year now that the team is coming together just get a real d cordinator. When u have alot of new players come in it takes atleast a season for them to gel.

18. smeags

smeags militant geek

i had to look into this because your claim was so far out in left field.

run/pass ratio

01 - 44/56
    02 - 47/53
    03 - 46/54
    04 - 40/60
    05 - 37/63
    06 - 43/57

i dont want to call you a dipcrap like you seem to be all so quick to call the rest of the fanbase when a couple morons make stupid statements but maybe you should do some fact cfreaking before you make statements like you did here.

:eek:a02:

19. smeags

smeags militant geek

nobody has down played the team's success in the regular season but it's been 13yrs of coming up short and there is only ONE common donominator on the team - reid. he's already going to be here next year. i have excepted that and i hope beyond hope he finally pulls it together but stop with the team needs time too gel. plenty of teams made changes and none had the time to gel. the niners had a complete change in the coaching staff along players and they seem to be doing fine.

20. ball in the baskett

Another reason all those years coming up short was donvoan and in 2008 the defense collapsed. Mcnabb thew a Td to jackson with not much time left on the clock and the cards went right down the field and scored. So many things are the reason for all those shortcomings. You may be right it could help but who that is out there would you choose as our head coach??