Emmanuel Sanders Reportedly Signs Patriots Offer Sheet

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Mar 16, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin Staff Member

Emmanuel Sanders signed an offer sheet with the New England Patriots after visiting the team on Friday, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

Restricted free agents like Sanders rarely change teams these days, but the Patriots used some of their salary-cap room to make a front-loaded offer, which Pittsburgh could find tough to match.

Terms of the offer were not disclosed, but the Steelers now have seven days to match it. If they choose not to, the Patriots would send a third-round draft pick in 2013 to the Steelers.

Sanders would join a rebuilt Patriots wide receiver group alongside new signees Danny Amendola and Donald Jones.

Source: NFL.com
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I've heard conflicting reports. Some saying he left without an offer sheet, but I tend to believe he did sign, and we won't be able to match it. Our wide receivers corps is just crap now. Not expecting much out of next season, another 8-8.
  3. 86WARD

86WARD NFL's Dirtiest Player Staff Member

I've only heard one report that has said he didn't sign. The Boston papers and Pittsburgh papers are reporting he did.

They'll be lucky to see 8-8. Very lucky...
  4. 86WARD

Schefter is reporting that no offer has been signed.

@AdamSchefter: Patriots still mulling whether to sign Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders to an offer sheet. So far, no decision made and no offer sheet signed.
  5. Crowned

Yea Schefter is reported no offer sheet yet and he is never wrong.
  6. Crowned

More reports coming out saying he signed now. I'm still waiting for a more credible source, but Rotoworld just reported it.
  7. 86WARD

Seems like Schefter is all over the Pats right now but hasn't confirmed the Sanders signing.
  8. Crowned

Yea NationalFootballPost also reporting he signed it, but it looks like they are citing Gerry Dulac's article as the source, and that was already reported as being wrong. So hopefully just some bad information.
  9. 86WARD

Wonder if they are using Sanders as a bargaining chip to sign Lloyd...
  10. 86WARD

11. Crowned

I see ignorant Steeler fans on there bashing him lol. Let's see play for low money for a year and possibly get injured and never get paid again, or get a long term deal from a team and some job security? hmmm....
  12. 86WARD

A good team at that...lol.