ESPN Apologizes For Brett Favre 'Duracell' Remark

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Aug 21, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

ESPN issued a statement regarding comments by writer Jemele Hill after she encouraged Green Bay Packers fans to find an alternative use for the batteries that go dead in their remotes between now and the Nov. 1 meeting with the Minnesota Vikings at Lambeau Field. Hill suggested that fans use those batters to greet Brett Favre when he returns to the place he called home for 16 seasons. “Listen to me, OK,†Hill said while appearing on ESPN’s “First Take’’ on Wednesday. “If you have a shred of pride, you will give Brett Favre the Duracell treatment when he comes to Lambeau Field.†Asked what “Duracell treatment†meant, Hill replied, “Batteries. Batteries.â€

Source:
    National Football Post

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

lol, that's funny, but also pretty hecked up... batteries freaking hurt! Pretty professional Jemele Hill.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

What a dipcrap. She gonna be fired?

4. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

Classy.

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Batteries flying from the upper deck and someones getting seriously hurt....and it wont be Favre with a helmet on. Baby should be canned immediately for even saying it....and I dont care if and when she apologizes.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Freaking idiot...

7. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Should be quietly let go by ESPN. This is not "The Black Hole" we are talking about.

8. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

How could they seriously keep anyone after saying that? Worldwide leader? We'll see....

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

It will be buried by the morning.

10. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

wow this snitch can kiss her career goodbye and she should pray everynight that someone does not get killed or seriously hurt by a flying battery at that game

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

this^^^^^^^^ x10.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm sure Philadelphia is to blame somewhere in here...

13. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

lol that does seem like a really philly type thing to do

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

They throw Phillies Schedule magnets more often...

15. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Waiting for morning to see if she still has her job.

16. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

the would cause havoc with all the women in cheese country :icon_cheesygrin:

17. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Bad idea all around.