ESPN's Keith Olbermann Calls For NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell To Step Down

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by 86WARD, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Rams, myself, and baskett will be going on tour this fall as "Tune In, Turn On, and Drop Out". Look for the free fliers stapled on telephone poles in a sketchy neighborhood near you!

Diesel44 likes this.
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Since the truth is being brought to light...

Can we work on these next?

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I'm aware that you are "... an intellectually sound adult in my 40s with incredible deductive reasoning skills and critical thought.", so I guess I'm at a severe disadvantage because I disagree with nearly everything you espouse. I do, however, question your deductive reasoning skills with the mention of the Penn State and UCLA comeback victories as sound examples to support your position and stating that NFL contracts have a clause (that we will never see) preventing players from exposing the widespread scope of the NFL fix. What about college players (and their contracts) that you bring into the equation? How are they being silenced?

Two things come to mind when I see things like these as 'definitive circumstantial evidence' that the entirety of football is corrupt: You are either 1) a troll and getting your fix with these ridiculous accusations or 2) you are delusional and feel that football is personally persecuting you. For #1 you are entertaining, but if #2 is the case you should seek some psychological counseling to excise the Conspiracy Demon.

This mere mortal finds it not improbable, but entirely impossible, that in the histories of college football and professional football that at least one player or other insider hasn't exposed this conspiracy to capitalize monetarily. You're incredibly brilliant, so tell me, what would some media outlet be willing to pay for information that is not circumstantial evidence, but 1st hand evidence, that football outcomes are predetermined? Contract or no contract, I'll take the tens of million of dollars and take my chances on the island I purchased from the proceeds.

I look forward to your next installment of "Everybody's Stupid Except Me".

Steve12, DawkinsINT and 86WARD like this.
  5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

all I want to know is did we really land on the moon?

6. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

we also landed on mars dude,watch the footage from capricorn one.

7. Buck Fenson

I knew it!!!!!!!

8. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Do you believe in god?

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I still doubt that Goodell steps down. For one thing, the ex-FBI man who is investigating whether the NFL office knew about the Rice video or not used to be a lawyer. The law firm has strong ties to the NFL.

Also, guess who will be helping him as supervisors? Rooney Jr. and Mara. Both friends of Goodell.

10. Buck Fenson

Lower case g? My ex did. Kept calling out his name during s*x.

Tarkus, Diesel44 and DawkinsINT like this.
  11. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Those ex fbi guys seem to flush all their original ideas down the toilet. remember,louie freeh did such a great job for penn state?

12. ram29jackson

ram29jackson sports spectator

its simple, I just know fake when I see it. You think real football is guys falling down next to the guy with the ball, so you are wrong.

13. Buck Fenson

the reason it is considered entertainment now is because of all the rules favoring the offense. If it was real football, both sides would be able to play their game. Nothing is fixed. Gosh, the local crazy dude with the invisible pet yelling out conspiracy theories tells me that you are phucking nuts. But I enjoy reading your drivel. Better than most fiction books I have read. If it was fixed, there is no way Congress would let betting on football games happen. Nice try though. Can't wait for the next installment of As the Football Turns.

14. ram29jackson

have you not noticed theres no such thing as investigative reporting anymore ? the media makes billions from and because of the NFL. They aren't writing any negative stories.

Peter King saying the Commish should step down is laughable because he cant write anything without NFL approval and the NFL is paying him to work in the first place.
    Yes, Sports Illustrated falls under the same umbrella.

15. Buck Fenson

Is it the Umbrella Corporation? Zombies are coming.

16. Buck Fenson

Look, I have a friend who knows some people who can give me the truth about this stuff. I emailed him asking him to look into it for me. He said that he has heard the same thing and he has been gathering information about this subject. When he gets back in touch with me I will let you all know what he has to say.

17. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

peter king is a huge cluster duck if there has ever been one.most 1 sided reporter in nfl history.

18. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

[​IMG]

19. ram29jackson

http://deadspin.com/bill-polian-disagrees-with-bill-polians-insider-opinion-1633593081/all

check out the 3 videos in the link, the 3rd one is a little lower

Former NFL executive Bill Polian was brought onto SportsCenter this morning to give some insight into the NFL's bungling of the Ray Rice situation. He was specifically asked if he, as someone who has worked in the NFL office, thought it was possible for an NFL executive to have obtained a copy of the tape showing Ray Rice knocking out his then-fiancée in an elevator, as was reported by the AP yesterday, and not have shown that tape to Roger Goodell or any other NFL execs.
    The video above is Polian's answer to that question, which aired on SportsCenter at 10:47 a.m. Here is a transcription of what he said:
    It is very puzzling to me. As a matter of fact, I worked as a vice president in the NFL office in 1993, with respect to football operations. I know how the office works, I've physically been there—it was a different building, not the one they're in now—but it's very difficult for me to understand how that could happen. Especially when you're in a situation that is as high-profile as that particular incident is. It's puzzling, and I have as many questions as everyone else. It's outside my area of expertise. For all the years that I was in the NFL, NFL security, and the NFL's ability to protect its integrity, the so-called "protection of the shield," was unmatched in American business. Forget about sports—in American business. I mean, you did not step out of line in the NFL, and if you did, there was an unwritten rule that when you were called into the office—and met with someone who was the commissioner or there at the behest of the commissioner—that you better come clean, that you better tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. And if you work in the office, you better be on top of the details. The office was there to make sure that the clubs, the players, the reputation of the NFL reamined unsullied. That goes back to the 1960's with the administration of Pete Rozelle. So this is totally, totally out of character for what I know of the NFL office.
    That segment ended up getting cut short, perhaps due to a technical mishap, and so Polian was brought back on the air at 11:08 a.m., at which point he was asked the exact same question by Chris McKendry.

And here is a transcription:
    Well it can happen. It's a very large organization, much larger than when I served in the league office, maybe much larger by a factor of 10. When you have a large, bureaucratic organization, which that is, and there are some that think it is too large, very honestly. Things can slip through the cracks. Someone can make a value judgement who has no right to make that judgement. The CEO, who is in effect Roger Goodell, doesn't get all the information he needs all the time. That's a fact of life in bureaucracies. In this case, we'll find out what happened, and they'll absolutely, they being the NFL and Roger, will have to take steps to make sure it never happens again.
    So, what the hell happened here? In the first segment, Polian makes the NFL out to be the East German Stasi, where a low-level executive wouldn't dare hide pertinent information from his or her superiors for fear of swift and merciless retribution. But then here comes Polian 20 minutes later, describing the NFL offices as a run-of-the-mill bureaucracy where of course vital pieces of information could fall through the cracks.
    Bill Polian either has a hard time maintaining consistent opinions for longer than 20 minutes at a time, or something spooked him into softening his answer during that second go-round. If we assume the first answer to be the truest one, you can probably guess what that something might have been.

20. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

This last week,it appears that goodell is chairman mao and the people that work for the league are china.most of them are scared crapless to say and do anything without league approval.
    and if the league is ran as good as they would lead us to believe,how is it that by their own admission,the league or the vikings did not know about AP's situation until he had been booked and released friday?