Ex-Assistant Dan Henning Won't Discuss Dolphins QB Chad Henne's Stalled Progress

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Jul 7, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Former Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Dan Henning believes Chad Henne will be the Dolphins’ starting quarterback in 2011, despite the fans’ pleas for Carson Palmer, Vince Young or another veteran. "I feel like Chad will get the opportunity to turn it around, I really do," Henning told Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post ,"He's always ready to do what you ask him to do, very studious about the game. Good questions, aware of personalities and idiosyncrasies with player personnel that he has to deal with. No problem working with Chad Henne." Henning however won't discuss the stalled progress of Henne, who in his second year as a starter threw 19 interceptions against 15 touchdowns and finished with a disappointing 75.4 passer rating. “As I used to tell Tony, ‘I don’t tell anybody but you how I feel about player personnel,’†Henning said. “Because then you have so many different layers of opinions running around there, and they get carried off the reservation. That should all come from Tony.â€

Source: Palm Beach Post