Ex- Heavyweight Champ Tommy Morrison Dies At 44

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Sportsguy, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Former WBO heavyweight champion Tommy Morrison died in an Omaha, Neb., hospital late Sunday night. He was 44.

Morrison's longtime promoter, Tony Holden, said Morrison died at 11:50 p.m. with his wife, Trisha, beside him.

Morrison tested positive for HIV in 1996 before a fight with Arthur Weathers, effectively ending his boxing career. In the years that followed, he denied having HIV and also challenged the existence of the virus.

Trisha Morrison, who married Morrison in 2011, picked up that fight, and in a recent interview with ESPN.com insisted that Morrison had Guillain-Barre Syndrome, not HIV.

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No word on cause of death?

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAVbHwLC2fY]Tommy Morrison KO's - YouTube[/ame]

Damn, I wonder if the Hi-5 really did get to him. Too bad, too young to check out.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Definitely not AIDS.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

People still die of AIDS?

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

8. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

tommy lived in kansas city in his fighting days and his later years and was about my age. i did not know him but i know a lot of people that knew him through the years. can't say i've ever heard anyone say anything good about the guy when he was alive but RIP anyway.

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think you mixed up looking like 75 (him) with being 75 (you).

[​IMG]