Ex-Lion Titus Young Pleads Not Guilty To Five Battery Charges

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by DaBears22, Jul 15, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Former Detroit Lions receiver Titus Young has plead not guilty to one felony count and four misdemeanor counts in a Los Angeles County courtroom Monday.

Young was arrested on July 9 at 10 a.m. and was charged with one count of battery with serious bodily injury, the felony, and four counts of battery on school, park or hospital property.

Sarah Ardalani, a spokesperson for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office, confirmed the details of Young's arraignment. His next court appearance will be a preliminary hearing on July 24 at 8:30 a.m. in the Compton Municipal Court in Compton, California.

His bail is set at $105,000.

California Penal Code says if Young is found guilty, each of the misdemeanor counts could come with a fine of $2,000 or less or up to one year in jail. The felony count could end up with up to four years in jail, depending on other factors. He is being held in the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles.

TMZ Sports reported the five counts of battery are against five different people over the course of two months and occurred at a medical treatment facility in Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department released a statement on Young's arrest Tuesday.

"The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department responded to a battery call on the 12000 South Wilmington Boulevard in Los Angeles at around 3:40 p.m. on July 8 as Young was involved in "a physical altercation with another male adult," the LASD said in the news release. Young was booked the next day.

Source: ESPN

2. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

In my dynasty league, I'm sickened by the fact that I picked this chump up when he signed with the Rams and dumped Chris Ivory while he was still with the Saints.