Ex-Viking Fran Tarkenton Rips Brett Favre

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by wide right, May 27, 2009.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Fran Tarkenton has a few things to get off his chest. The Vikings legendary quarterback must have had some pepper in his eyes during this interview with Atlanta radio station 790 The Zone or he was just feeling particularly ornery. Especially when it comes to the possibility of the Ol' Gunslinger donning the purple this year. "I think it's despicable. What he put the Packers through last year was not good. Here's an organization that was loyal to him for 17, 18 years, provided stability of organization, provided players. It just wasn't about Brett Favre. In this day and time, we have glorified the Brett Favre's of the world so much, they think it's about them. He goes to New York and bombs. He's 39 years old. How would you like Ray Nitschke in his last year (playing for) the Vikings, or I retire, and go play for the Packers. I kind of hope it happens, so he can fail."

Source: Deadspin

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Oh snap! :Loco:

3. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Amen. Nice to hear finally hear somebody say it. I'm so tired of hearing about Brett Favre.

4. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Haha, Fran Tarkenton's amazing. Still, I can't wait to see some flustered Packer fan say something about the fact he has no Super Bowl rings and Favre does.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

What's the difference between Favre playing in New York and Tarkenton playing in New York? lol...

Favre left for NY and wants to return to Minnesota...Tarkenton left for NY and returned to Minnesota.

6. bergybones

bergybones Taking donations :)

And please correct me if I am wrong but didnt Tarkenton leave for New York because he wanted to play there, while Favre went to New York cause thats only place the Packers would trade him to and he wanted to play football.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I understand what Tarkenton is saying...Favre is potentially going to one of the Packers big rivals...but come on Fran...you have nothing better to do?

8. bergybones

Last year I dont think it wasabout going to a rival but going somewhere up North and playing in a division he knows with stadiums he knows against defenses he knows. Now I dont think this holds true anymore, but I really dont think he wanted to stick it to the Packers last year

9. lionheart?

lionheart? StafFORD=Franchise

Daaaaammmmnnnnn.........you got knocked the heck out. rofl Fran vs Favre celeberty cage fight......I will buy it!

10. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Your waiting is over!!! Shut the heck up Fran.

11. Jeffgoodt

Jeffgoodt Team Veteran

I agree with Fran completely

12. n1gbpackfan

Why? :dontknow:
    Have any of the things you heard come out of Favre's mouth? ... NO
    It's the media saying he's going to the Dr., the media is saying x-ray's of Favre are being sent to Minnesota, the media that's saying he's going to meet with Childress in Minnesota, oh wait no, then the media said Childress was going to see Favre. It's the idiots in the media that are keeping this Favre un-retiring story going.

13. bergybones

Not to mention the idiots like us that keep it going on the boards. I include myself in that comment

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:Loco:

15. bergybones

You know shut the heck up Fran should be trademarked

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

so, are they green tinted or yellow ?

17. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats priceless!

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Why doesn't Favre just call a meeting, and yell it from the rooftops.."I AM RETIRED AND NEVER COMING BACK TO PLAY IN THE NFL...EVER"!!! Or is he waiting for his wife to blog it?

19. n1gbpackfan

You may have something there Sweets. Favre and Warner have something in common, they let the wive's make the decisions.....and at times speak for them.

20. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He once said, he retires. Why should I care about what he says or not?