Falcons CB Asante Samuel Wants Eagles Fans To Cheer Him

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by Sweets, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Asante Samuel said that he expects to be greeted warmly when he returns to Lincoln Financial Field as a member of the Falcons on Sunday, Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports.

"They better cheer for me," Samuel said to reporters in Atlanta. "They're going to cheer for me or we're going to have a problem right there in Lincoln Financial [Field]. All you all fans, all I did for you all, you all better cheer for me. Deuce here. Got nothing but love for you all."

Samuel returns with the undefeated Falcons, it was pointed out to the cornerback during a four-minute interview the struggles the 3-3 Eagles have had on defense this season.

"It’s kind of hard when 22 ain't there," Samuel said, referring to his jersey number. "Twenty-two keep things going for you. You just to deal with it. You make you bed. You got to deal with it.â€￾

Samuel, of course, is referring to the Eagles' decision to trade him to Atlanta in April. The Eagles received only a seventh-round draft pick in return for the four-time Pro Bowler,Andy Reid said at the time of the deal that the Eagles made an effort to trade Samuel to a team of his choosing.

“Like I said in the beginning, it was a joint thing," Samuel said. "It was something we all had to agree on together. We had other choices that I was not going to pick. Atlanta was a place I wanted to come. They tried to not let me come to Atlanta, but we got it done."

Source: The Redzone

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

no cheers for u ure on the other team and ure no dawkins or mcnabb in this town

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

"Deuce here. Deuce ready".

Ha ha...I still love this guy.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

vick should just hand him the ball at kickoff.

5. DawkinsINT

Sooooo true.

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Dude pissed and moaned about wanting to be traded. Thanks for your time here but shut the heck up.

7. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

He's a perennial Pro Bowler who basically got roded out of a starting job because the team went with a different defensive philosophy. I got tired of the snitching, but I understood where he was coming from.

I still got love for this dude.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'm with you and I'd love to see him instead of Nnamdi but the dude's gone. The team sent you where you wanted to go. You don't need to advertise that you want people to cheer. Just come play and be happy.

9. DawkinsINT

If you heard his actual audio, he was just joking around and having fun. He's a fun dude.