Falcons Owner Arthur Blank Still "Pissed" Over Playoff Loss

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Jan 29, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Arthur Blank says he is more controlled as the owner of the Atlanta Falcons than he was when he first purchased the franchise from Rankin Smith in 2002. If that is the case, it’s difficult to imagine where he once was then after you read through his comments to Jeff Schultz, a columnist for the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Blank is still stinging from the blowout home loss to the Green Bay Packers that knocked the top-seeded Falcons out of the playoffs. He’s still planning to head to Dallas next week but he will not be attending Super Bowl XLV. “I leave Thursday, we have meetings and then the hosting owner (Jerry Jones) always has a party Thursday night,†Blank told Schultz. “Then Friday morning the commissioner has a press conference, and I’ll go to that. Friday afternoon I’ll go to radio row for interviews. Friday night is the commissioner’s party. Saturday we were going to have a league meeting but that’s been canceled, so I guess I’ve got some free time.†Is he going to the game? “I’m coming home Sunday morning — mostly because I’m still pissed about our game,†Blank said. “You don’t look ahead,†he added, “but we certainly believed we would get deeper than we did.â€

Source: National Football Post

2. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Somebody just buy the guy a new suit.