Falcons Will Allow CB Brent Grimes To Leave Via Free Agency

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Jan 13, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Dan Parr of Pro Football Weekly reports that a team source believes that the Atlanta Falcons will allow free agent CB Brent Grimes to sign with another team during free agency. Grimes is seen as the Falcons top cornerback but unfortunately underwent knee surgery back in November and four of the teams final five games as well as the last weeks playoff game against the New York Giants. Atlanta feels that their combination of Dominique Franks and Chris Owens will allow them to deal with the loss of Grimes. Obviously they could consider adding a more affordable option at some point during free agency and possibly the draft.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. this is a crazy decision. He is without question their best CB.

3. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

are they trying to destroy this team.

4. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I'd take him. I'd just not re-sign Eric Wright. Com'onnnnnnnn Grimes. Oh wait...we probably don't have the cap room. I still can't believe this is happening, is Atlanta taking crazy pills?!?!

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

I think they need to focus more on their offense. I mean really 2 points?

6. The article also says the Falcons were disappointed that Grimes didn't play in the Wild Card game despite practicing late in the week.

Grimes is their best DB but he isn't an elite talent and not worth his asking price.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Grimes to me is alot like Carlos Rogers, not going to get all those turnovers, but is pretty good at what he does.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

how is letting your good players walk a formula for winning a super bowl? maybe dimitroff knows something we don't but i don't see how this would get them closer to winning a championship.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd take him...

10. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Id take him too, but I would rather draft Kirkpatrick