First two picks

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football Advice' started by peterjason, Aug 15, 2018.

1. peterjason

peterjason DP 2018 Premium Member

So I am pick 11 and 14 with the snake draft. There will be a lot of keepers gone but here is the list of available. I am keeping K. Hunt (RB) in the 7th round and Chris Thompson (a little risky but in the 9th rd). So I have 2 RB's but I will still take best available.
    6pts / TD
    1 pt / 20 yards rush or receive
    1 pt per 25 passing

I should get the 6th and 9th best player here because 6 guys don't have a 1st round pick due to keeper rules.
    These are the top of my board. Not sure how others will pick but let me know if I should avoid any of these:
    Deandre Hopkins
    Odell Beckham
    Saquon Barkley
    Keenan Allen
    Travis Kelce (can be a WR for me)
    Aaron Rodgers
    AJ Green
    Dalvin Cook
    Rob Gronk
    Doug Baldwin
    Mike Evans
    Christian McCaffery
    LeSean McCoy
    Or if you think there is another guy to target here let me know.

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Ranked in order of my preference / best available

Guys I like the most..
    • Dalvin Cook
    • Deandre Hopkins
    • Odell Beckham
    • Keenan Allen
    • Travis Kelce (can be a WR for me)
    Guys I like - but not as much as the above -
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • AJ Green
    • Saquon Barkley
    • Mike Evans
    • Christian McCaffery

Avoiding these guys..
    • Doug Baldwin - not so much an avoid but.. you should be able to get one or two of the guys above with your top 2 picks.
    • Rob Gronk - at some point this guy is toast and it's sooner rather than later - not a keeper pick

And if you smoke snails
    • LeSean McCoy

PS - Put Barkley on JUST ABOUT any other team and he'd be in the first list - could be years before we see a decent 0-line in NY. Yes he ripped a huge one this pre-season.. yes he is the next greatest running back of all time.. but I'm really the anti-risk guy and I got to see you a year before you hit my top tier especially when I already have 2 running backs. Draft Cook instead!