FK Blog Threads, Annoying? What do you think?

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by LitesOut13, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

For the record, this site is really becoming annoying. This board has been flooded with stupid articles. Many of which have 0 replies. Its little to no discussion and a section littered with threads trying to pimp out their articles/website.

Annoying

2. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Annoying?

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I feel like a lot of those articles and discussions would get a lot more play if they didn't link off to another site after two sentences. I understand why they do, I just think that's why there's not more commentary on them.

4. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

That may be a reason, and I agree I dont like that either. But whatever it is, its a problem. There is no discussion going on at least in this section. And even if there was, those threads with linked articles will push down legit threads.

I am quickly getting over this site. Especially since there are others that are much better ran and more legit

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

@Kurt
    @LebaneseFF

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Interesting. What kind if content are you looking for? Straight news/rumors like the sitemusedmto,put up?

Kurt likes this.
  7. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

I emailed Kurt.

But here are my 2 cents on the matter.

99% of those articles are linking back to Fantasyknuckleheads if I am not mistaken, the owning site. I do agree there are too many articles and they link back to the site too quickly.

@Kurt if I am not mistaken I actually think it's the other way round, these writers, write their articles on FantasyKnuckleheads which then automatically post here the first few sentences? isn't that right?

This can be fixed.

Personally I try to ignore them and try to provide as much content to this site as possible on my own. Many of us who post on a daily basis do this and try to provide content to each other. It's hard when we only have a dozen active members. But we keep bulldozing on and eventually we will beat out Twitter. just you watch.

8. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

You may a good point with amount of content appearing here from those articles before being linked away. In terms of having original content appearing for discussion, I might suggest you start some threads. It's been apparent you're up on players and team needs, why not start threads in any of the team forums to get the ball rolling?

Kurt and LebaneseFF like this.
  9. LebaneseFF

LebaneseFF Error loading Staff Member Premium Member Fantasy Guru

You hit the nail on the head Markaz. We are all responsible for starting threads of value :)

Kurt likes this.
  10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Here's my opinion...

There are a lot of topics just in the last 12 hours that would fuel discussion:

Eagles already sign Huff to a 4-year deal. TWO DAYS after the draft.

Andre Johnson not happy in Houston?

Joe Haden signs extension with Cleveland...solidifying the backend of their defense for at least 5 seasons...

Sammy Watkins goes and visits Jim Kelly in the hospital...

Yet...not one of them posted. Members need to post these topics to create discussions.

The things that were most successful on this site was the news. Finding ALL the news in one spot.

Both @Kurt and @SRW have swore that the bloggers would fuel the site with fresh and original content...IMO it's just the news that fuels it the most and what people look for...people look more towards the reputable news guys and stories...not so much the blogger behind a computer screen...

Those articles are nice every once in a while, but the site can't stand on those alone...

If any of that makes sense...

11. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

Thanks @86WARD - You sir, are not a dip crap. Great observation if indeed what duckstick said is of any value.

Well crap man.. many of them do have replies.. and there has been an influx due to the draft.

I'm going to start a pole and let the group decide.. if they vote to keep the main site linking back to the forum then we will keep it.

Bottom line:

1. not enough threads
    2. so I get y'all more threads
    3. now theres to many threads
    4. SMH

12. Kurt

I can adjust that I believe.. Not an issue.

Is this more a case of @LitesOut13 PMS'ing? Why flame our website for the entire world to see?

13. Kurt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.