FKH/GIF Dynasty League Thread

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Kurt, Aug 20, 2015.

1. terpshockey21

terpshockey21 DFS Superhero Fantasy Guru

i thought the whole point was that everyone in the league had a pretty good grasp on what they were doing, thus the deep nature of both the rosters and amount of teams makes this league more challenging

2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

I'm pretty sure my team will smack you against the wall every year, starting now - is that competitive enough?

We will get more BENCH spots. Let's get through this draft and if we have time slide in some more picks. All I was saying the last post is that if you're thinking your team can recover from your poor early picks you're wrong, no amount of extra picks can help you this year...

Since paying for waiver wire transactions was voted down let's take a look at the number of keepers.. Any suggestions before I put it to vote?

3. terpshockey21

well obviously in any format that will happen, but in dynasty, the deeper the team, the easier a rebuild/finding dynasty value is throughout the season. also if i my team shits the bed, cooks is on it ;)

4. the1tab

the1tab 2nd String Fantasy Guru

re: @Kurt - if people are already drafting players who are likely done for this entire season (see White, Kevin) then either people are dumb or we've already started wandering down the long-term keeper strategy in a shorter draft format. If we add 2 rounds to the draft to make it a dynasty that should be sufficient for this season imo.

Kurt likes this.
  5. apmv.

apmv. Rookie

Personally, I like that 18x14= 252 number, I think 2 more spots would be good too though.
    I tried to draft a fifth running back and it wouldn't let me, said I reached the RB limit. Are there limits on all the positions?

I think 6-7 keepers is good - almost the starting lineup.

6. bcole

bcole General Disarray Fantasy Guru

I'm not worried about whether or not my roster will be deep enough to keep Randy Moss just in case he comes back.

If I have to sacrifice and leave some practice squad players on the waiver wire, I won't shed a tear.

I am disappointed with the vote to not pay for waiver claims, come on now.

the1tab likes this.
  7. the1tab

Saving room for the comeback?

[​IMG]

8. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I've been drafting as if this was a dynasty, ie; keeping the entire roster if you so desire. If we're suddenly looking at a keeper limit I'll be pissed.

9. Kurt

I'm thinking make it drop "no more than" and no less than, type format

And EVERYTHING is up for debate and eventual vote.

10. Kurt

Yes I set limits this year due to league size and roster size - I cant reverse it until after the draft

@Walnuts how do you feel about the drop "no more than" and no less than, type format

11. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

It's a dynasty league, so...
    -benches should be deeper
    -'no more/less than' is a good format
    -taking guys for next year is probably smart

Walnuts and bcole like this.
  12. bcole

I completely agree, but at the same time I am okay with benches expanding before the rookie draft rather than being enormous right now.

Kurt likes this.
  13. bcole

Also on an unrelated note, I had Kelvin Benjamin queued up the round before he went but I canceled it. Thought for sure he would get back around to me.

[​IMG]

ICECOLD and the1tab like this.
  14. PeteTheGreek

PeteTheGreek Super Moderator Staff Member Fantasy Guru

My love for Kelvin is surpassed only by Alex's man crush on kelce

15. terpshockey21

i cant even hear kelce's name right now. i just cant.

and im with walnuts, my whole plan was draft for dynasty as his was and i know pete's was. considering that was the whole point of doing the league, why would we change it?

16. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

You can't hear Kelce.. the guy I drafted with the plan on not having to deal with tight ends for years, you mean that guy? you can't hear his name?

KELCE KELCE KELCE KELCE KELCE KELCE KELCE

KELCE

17. bcole

[​IMG]

Who?

SNPokc and the1tab like this.
  18. the1tab

Obviously Kelce & Dante Rosario have never... hung... out....

bcole likes this.
  19. SNPokc

SNPokc DEZ NUTS 2016 Premium Member

I used that gif in a league last year. I got beat by one point on a mnf game. I posted that to share my feelings.

bcole likes this.
  20. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Ugh I was going to take Green-Beckham.
    I like it the drop no more idea. My suggestion would be to add two bench spots this year to make it 8. Then next year, pre-draft, expand it to 12 to make room for the rooks through camp/preseason, requiring it to be cut to 10 before the start of the season. Then every year following, 14 for the draft, cut to 10 for the season