Floyd Mayweather Calls Out Manny Pacquiao On Twitter

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Steve12, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

I watched the last fight Manny was in, Manny looked terrible, hes not the same fighter he was anymore hes got too much on his plate. But even before that Ialways thought Floyd would win, Floyd in my opinion is the best pound for pound fighter hes got amazing talent, hes just an butt hole. People don't give Floyd enough credit, even if Floyd lost it wouldn't be by much like people seem to think. I hope Floyd loses, but its going to be a tough fight if it ever happens.

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

doesn't look like the same fighter ? my man pacman is still in his prime and even floyd has looked crappy in fights.

also i think everyone gives floyd credit for his boxing talent ... his attitude is what gets talked about more but that's because of him.

i hope this fight gets booked because we can debate all day long but we'll never know unless the fight takes place.

3. Dragonite

I agree man. I'm just saying, that last fight I saw Pac in, it was kind of pathetic. Pac still won, but man, it was bad.

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

well it was the 3rd fight between manny and marquez which can at times make for less than stellar performances. to his credit marquez is a very good fighter and is known as a great counter pucnher which manny has had issues with throughout his career.

floyd is probably the best counter puncher out there which is the only reason i'd give him the slightest chance with pacman.

all hyperboling aside i think a pacman/mayweather match would be one of the best ever.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/01/12/pacquiao-camp-no-fight-with-mayweather-on-may-5/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  5. Dragonite

I jsut hope it happens, I will watch it, for sure.

6. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Didn't even have to see what the circumstances were when I first saw this headline out there. Could smell the BS a mile away.

No way Pretty Boy Floyd paints himself into a corner with something like this. He knew it wasn't a good idea money-wise as far as the location but knew he'd be able to woof without an immediate agreement.

Once a cat, always a cat...

7. usheer

usheer Rookie

I have ZERO respect for him as a man, a fighter, a competitor, or a "champion". All he is is talk and claims to be the best but won't fight the best without "stipulations" that would no doubt give him a form of advantage.

8. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I got a feeling this will happen but it's going to be like when Lennox Lewis meet Mike Tyson in 2002. Both men near the end of their careers and it won't be as good as if they meet in their primes.